Additional battery to attach to the Droid

phil

Reaction score
Anyone know of an add-on battery that can safely attach to the Droid to give you extra back-up power during the day? I see people using them for the iPhone, but I do not know of anything for the Droid. My car charger only goes so far on a busy day (since I don't spend all day in a car and I'm often not in an office with my AC charger).

metsnfins

Reaction score
the battery is small enough that you can keep one in your wallet

just buy an additional battery

cb2000a

Reaction score
Or you could just get an extra battery for the DROID for $39.99 at a Verizon store. No waiting....just slap in the spare battery and go.

Xerozix

Reaction score
the battery is small enough that you can keep one in your wallet

just buy an additional battery
Have you ever bent a Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer battery?

BIG explosion + fire. Not a good idea.

That Zagg Sparq looked awesome, until I saw the 100 dollar price tag lol

DougNg

Reaction score
The Sparq was on sale yesterday for 50. I used to carry a spare battery all the time with me for my bb curve, never had an explosion. Right now I do a lot of travelling for work, so the Sparq will be handy for the iPod/Bluetooth/PSP go/Droid. Eventually I'll get an extra battery for the Droid when the prices come down

CanDroid

Reaction score
I use a duracell on the go charger I bought from walmart for 29 dollars! Works like a charm. I am waiting on buying the extended battery from seido. They want I guess 44 or 49 dollars for it. I'd rather spend the 9 extra than to pay for verizons stock crap battery!:icon_ devil:

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Many thanks BostonBill. It's on order. $14 savings :icon_ banana: I was going to wait to see if it went back to $50, but $56 isn't much different.

Note: You have to use all caps or the code won't work, but you guys probably knew that. :).

MJ5150

Reaction score
Wow...$56 shipped? I am totally buying one right now. I travel all the time. Thank you for the link.

-Mike

DougNg

Reaction score
I got mine last week. It's pretty good. Gotta figure out how to get my PSP Go to charge off it (I might have to set it to USB mode), but it charges my phone FAST!!!

The only issue is that for some reason, the initial plug in doesn't charge the phone, I have to unplug the USB side and then replug it in for it to work, kinda weird and annoying, but I can live with it

I spend a lot of time on the road, and I wind up playing with my phone when I'm having lunch alone sometimes. This thing makes sure that my phone is charged all the time!!!

BostonBill

Reaction score
Wow...$56 shipped? I am totally buying one right now. I travel all the time. Thank you for the link.

-Mike

I travel a bit as well and it looks like not only will this be an added source of power but can be used as a regular charger too. We will see if it lives up to expectations. Sounds like a cool gadget.

BostonBill

Reaction score
"initial plug in doesn't charge the phone"
Do you mean that you can't charge the phone directly from the Sparq when it is plugged into the outlet? So you still need the original wall charger plug?