Motorola Droid Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle and 2nd Battery Charging Slot

cuskit

Reaction score
I had installed Dockrunner and like it, but could not shut it off. I uninstalled it, still came up for home screen. Exasperated me! I finally had to reboot the phone to get rid of it. I did like it, but need to be able to shut it off, nothing worked.

Smartphone illiterate - mike
shut it off, like as in exit? i haven't played with it yet, but on the dock home, there's a home icon that takes you to your desktop. did you try that?
Yes, I did try the home button - just brought up the Dockrunner "horizontal" screen. The menu button did not bring up any options other than "weather"...

Perhaps I'll reload it and give it another whirl. I'm game as it's easy enough to reboot again. mike

cuskit

Reaction score
i don't see how that cradle allows for a case. it has a lip that covers more of the phone than Moto's does.

Look closer, the "valley" looks wider(front to back) than the phone, and the vertical side is not straight with lines of the Droid, meaning the droid is sitting at a steeper angle than the slope of the backrest, AND the Driod in the pic is leaning to one side (higher at left usb port side than the right side) meaning the micro usb is sticking up higher to allow for the thickness of a case. All of these hints tell me if will fit with the thinner cases (doubtfull on the BG case).

PLUS, even if it doesn't it will shortly after I get it. I am just now finishing up the mods on my newly arrived Multmedia Dock and Car Dock so they work with my shell case. :)

besides, if you have your DROID docked, why do you need another battery? it's being charged as it's docked...

If you battery goes dead you will have to wait for it to charge on the charger, with a spare charged battery in the 2nd slot you can swap it in and go on about your business while the original dead one is now charging in the 2nd slot. With that setup I will still be mobile and your Droid will be no longer be mobile until it is charged. :)
I like the idea of the second battery - like you said it can keep you on the move while the original is charging.

I've just ordered this holder. A little confusing on the order screen - it says "available, in stock", yet elsewhere it states "pre-order". Either way - for the money I believe this to be a better buy. I also like the angle view which should work well on my office desk.

Like you - I'm not afraid to take any of these accessories to my bandsaw or drill press!:icon_ lala: I mean - they wouldn't use plastic if they didn't want to make things easy for us, right? Hee hee..

mike

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had installed Dockrunner and like it, but could not shut it off. I uninstalled it, still came up for home screen. Exasperated me! I finally had to reboot the phone to get rid of it. I did like it, but need to be able to shut it off, nothing worked.

Smartphone illiterate - mike
shut it off, like as in exit? i haven't played with it yet, but on the dock home, there's a home icon that takes you to your desktop. did you try that?
Yes, I did try the home button - just brought up the Dockrunner "horizontal" screen. The menu button did not bring up any options other than "weather"...

Perhaps I'll reload it and give it another whirl. I'm game as it's easy enough to reboot again. mike
not home BUTTON, home ICON. there's a little pitcture of a house under the notification bar.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
FYI, when in "Dock Mode" (Multi or car) the normal Home key (at the bottom) takes you to the "Dock" home page, not the normal home page. You use the Home "icon" on the dock screen to get to your normal home screen when docked.

ironosity

Reaction score
There are 3 ways to disable dock mode after running DockRunner. First, make sure it is in day mode (the brigher mode with the status bar at top, click light bulb to toggle) and drag down the notification window. One of the notifications say "DockRunner Active...click the notification or run the app again to disable." that says it all. Either click the notification, long press the real home button until your running apps pop up and click DockRunner, or go to your home screen and try to run DockRunner again. Either of these 3 options will exit docking mode.

cuskit

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the replies.

To clarify - I was unable to drag down the notification window. The screen was locked on the dockrunner window, and the only option that would open was the weather as I stated. I could not access any other app, or window other than DR. The notification window had initially worked fine for about two days, then the program froze.

Like I said - I'll reinstall it and try it once more. I did like it for the couple days it did work..

Has anyone ascertained yet if this new dock has the magnet to automatically put the phone into dock mode?

mike

OP
wnrussell

wnrussell

Reaction score
Has anyone ascertained yet if this new dock has the magnet to automatically put the phone into dock mode?
This dock wasn't designed for the mulitmedai connection like the first one announced was.

s-one

Reaction score
Hey OP thanks for posting this. This is great, I'll be ordering the dock with the additional battery charger. Now I don't have to keep swapping batteries out to charge.. just swap to use. ..

dang wish their batteries were cheaper. LOL!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Got a reply back from these guys(Think Droid) today answering a few questions.

They said their new dock doesn't work with cases and covers (bummer, but it will after I get it)

They did say it had the micro USB built into the base that it sits down on to.

After getting the e-mail I said to heck with it, grabbed a sheet of aluminum, walked over to my bend/cutter.. and after drilling a hole for the magnet, milling a slot for the mico USB to be glued in ... AND then powder coating it Silver Vein Metallic I ended up with this :)

If you look close you can see the built in micro USB connector in the brighter pics and the charge LED on it the darker pic. Will work until I buy something better.

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
That design looks an awful lot like droid johns design or whatever his name is.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
That design looks an awful lot like droid johns design or whatever his name is.

..and like a million other stands like that. I copied mine from my old Garmin M5 stand.

I like John's (Droid-John) stand too (better and nicer than mine) and would buy one(or 3) in a heartbeat if it had a built in micro USB connector.

I would also like to see John add the offical "DROID" or "DROID DOES" logo laser cut into the front of his, that would be cool!! I would guess he is having his stands laser cut or water jetted since he is making them in quanities to sell and adding the logo would maybe add 50 cents to the cutting cost.

FWIW, you couldn't pay me to make another one, I am way backlogged on the automotive performance products I make and my wife would kill me if I waste shop time again like I did today making that stand :)

For anyone looking for a stand like that you can get John's at http://sites.google.com/site/a855stand/ , last I heard he is shipping his first batch this Friday!

leturn

Reaction score
Just purchased one of these at Best Buy in Baton Rouge. Comes with wall charger and 36" usb cable. Seems to work well. Can't use cover but will just take it off at night.

ldimick

Reaction score
It is better because you can charge a battery that is not in your Droid. It is worse if you need access to the ear plug.

OP
wnrussell

wnrussell

Reaction score
It is better because you can charge a battery that is not in your Droid. It is worse if you need access to the ear plug.
Yes - charging while using except in a car has it's advantages.