Motorola Droid Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle and 2nd Battery Charging Slot

wnrussell

Reaction score
yhst-18444773194121_2082_9996915.gif

Pre-Order Only - Product will ship approximately 12/23/2009

Recharge, synchronize and keep-up-to-date with the Motorola Droid Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle with USB and AC Cable. This docking station for the Motorola Droid allows you to connect to a PC or Mac while simultaneously charging your phone. Durable ABS construction and IC overcharge protection allow safe charging and synchronization. Convenient LED indicator lights display charging and connection status. Additionally, the Motorola Droid Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle holds your phone at a comfortable viewing angle, making it easy to work on your phone when docked.
Motorola Droid Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle with USB and AC Cable Features:

Durable ABS plastic construction
Desktop cradle allows synching and charging via USB data cable and AC outlet
Chargers feature IC overcharge protection for safe and effective charging
LED indicator lights display charging and connection status
Includes AC Charger and data cable

Additional Information

Due to the larger battery size of extended batteries, the Motorola Droid will not dock on the cradle if an extended or larger battery is installed on the phone.
Compatible with:
Motorola Droid

Pre-Order - Motorola Droid Sync and Charge Desktop Cradle and 2nd Battery Charging Slot

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Wish it wasn't so blah. The features are great. 24.99 is a steal!

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks worthless to me. how am i supposed to put anything in the headphone jack??

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Wish it wasn't so blah. The features are great. 24.99 is a steal!
Looks good to me, especially with 2 batteries:

I agree, and it looks like it will fit on the dock with most cases. Has all the features I need for my work setup.

Mine is (pre)ordered. will post review when it gets here.

OP
wnrussell

wnrussell

Reaction score
looks worthless to me. how am i supposed to put anything in the headphone jack??
Get the multimedia desktop charger:

Pre-Order Only - Product will ship approximately 12/16/2009
The Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle - (OEM) 89395N is the perfect companion for your Motorola Droid cell phone. The dock transforms your Motorola Droid into a multimedia experience, allowing you to watch movies and view photos. The Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle connects to your PC to charge your phone and synchronize data. Perfect for use as an alarm clock or to simply watch movies, get the full multimedia experience that your Motorola Droid has to offer with the Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle - (OEM) 89395N.
Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle - (OEM) 89395N Features:
  • Factory original accessory made by Motorola for the Droid
  • Docking station allows synching and charging via USB data cable
  • Sits horizontally to display photos and movies
  • Plays music, shows weather and time, and works as an alarm clock
  • Syncs your data to your PC via USB cable (included)
Additional Information
  • Manufacturer Part# 89395N
Compatible with:
Motorola Droid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get the multimedia desktop charger:

Pre-Order Only - Product will ship approximately 12/16/2009
The Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle - (OEM) 89395N is the perfect companion for your Motorola Droid cell phone. The dock transforms your Motorola Droid into a multimedia experience, allowing you to watch movies and view photos. The Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle connects to your PC to charge your phone and synchronize data. Perfect for use as an alarm clock or to simply watch movies, get the full multimedia experience that your Motorola Droid has to offer with the Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle - (OEM) 89395N.
Motorola Droid Original Multimedia Station Desktop Charging Cradle - (OEM) 89395N Features:
  • Factory original accessory made by Motorola for the Droid
  • Docking station allows synching and charging via USB data cable
  • Sits horizontally to display photos and movies
  • Plays music, shows weather and time, and works as an alarm clock
  • Syncs your data to your PC via USB cable (included)
Additional Information
  • Manufacturer Part# 89395N
Compatible with:
Motorola Droid
already have it. how is the dock in this thread better than the normal (OEM) dock? and don't say because it's cheaper, because I got mine for $22.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
already have it. how is the dock in this thread better than the normal (OEM) dock? and don't say because it's cheaper, because I got mine for $22.

It appears you can use it with a case (biggest plus) and the version with the second battery charger slot is very handy! Just buying a separate battery charging cradle costs as much as this whole setup.

Also the Moto Multimedia Dock doesn't come with a charger, just a USB cable. This comes with both.

EDIT: I was wrong, my Moto Multimedia Dock just arrived and it does have the charger included.

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
definitely has the charger. i have two and now have a total of three chargers. lol.

i don't see how that cradle allows for a case. it has a lip that covers more of the phone than Moto's does. plus, this text makes me think a case won't fit:
Due to the larger battery size of extended batteries, the Motorola Droid will not dock on the cradle if an extended or larger battery is installed on the phone. However, the larger battery will charge on the 2nd battery slot.
besides, if you have your DROID docked, why do you need another battery? it's being charged as it's docked...

cuskit

Reaction score
I had installed Dockrunner and like it, but could not shut it off. I uninstalled it, still came up for home screen. Exasperated me! I finally had to reboot the phone to get rid of it. I did like it, but need to be able to shut it off, nothing worked.

Smartphone illiterate - mike

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had installed Dockrunner and like it, but could not shut it off. I uninstalled it, still came up for home screen. Exasperated me! I finally had to reboot the phone to get rid of it. I did like it, but need to be able to shut it off, nothing worked.

Smartphone illiterate - mike
shut it off, like as in exit? i haven't played with it yet, but on the dock home, there's a home icon that takes you to your desktop. did you try that?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
i don't see how that cradle allows for a case. it has a lip that covers more of the phone than Moto's does.

Look closer, the "valley" looks wider(front to back) than the phone, and the vertical side is not straight with lines of the Droid, meaning the droid is sitting at a steeper angle than the slope of the backrest, AND the Driod in the pic is leaning to one side (higher at left usb port side than the right side) meaning the micro usb is sticking up higher to allow for the thickness of a case. All of these hints tell me if will fit with the thinner cases (doubtfull on the BG case).

PLUS, even if it doesn't it will shortly after I get it. I am just now finishing up the mods on my newly arrived Multmedia Dock and Car Dock so they work with my shell case. :)

besides, if you have your DROID docked, why do you need another battery? it's being charged as it's docked...

If you battery goes dead you will have to wait for it to charge on the charger, with a spare charged battery in the 2nd slot you can swap it in and go on about your business while the original dead one is now charging in the 2nd slot. With that setup I will still be mobile and your Droid will be no longer be mobile until it is charged. :)