A few simple questions about GummyNex

Nealius

Reaction score
1. is your battery life really over 8+ hours on the stock battery?

2. Does 4.0.3 help with signal problems? how about the new radio zip have seen floating around

3. is this rom available on Rom Manager? (never used it but I'm lazy after 2 years with a OG Droid)

4. Any issues with Google wallet?

Please be honest. Without getting into my life history of phones in the last 2 weeks. I am on the fence between the Nexus or the Rezound. I had both for a short time. I will be getting something again tomorrow.

Thanks

Maverick0984

Reaction score
1. I use the extended battery, but it lasts me from 6am to 10pm, no problem. 8+ hours on the stock battery shouldn't be an issue. However, this all varies with usage, meaning both frequency you are "playing" on it, as well as 3G/4G/Wifi usage. Traditionally Wifi is the best for battery life, then 3G, then 4G. Assuming all signals are strong enough.

2. I wasn't ever having any signal problems. Still am not on the most current GummyNex release.

3. Don't think so, but I wouldn't use it if it was.

4. It loads and appears to be fine for me, but I've never actually tried using it anywhere.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. is your battery life really over 8+ hours on the stock battery?

2. Does 4.0.3 help with signal problems? how about the new radio zip have seen floating around

3. is this rom available on Rom Manager? (never used it but I'm lazy after 2 years with a OG Droid)

4. Any issues with Google wallet?

Please be honest. Without getting into my life history of phones in the last 2 weeks. I am on the fence between the Nexus or the Rezound. I had both for a short time. I will be getting something again tomorrow.

Thanks

1. When I had the stock battery, I was getting anywhere between 8-12 hours per day. This varied drastically depending on usage.

2. I couldn't tell any difference, but I never had signal issues. I'm currently using the 4.0.3 radio and it seems perfectly adequate.

3. No. If you have the Droid Forums app on your phone, just go to the Gummy Rom thread and click the link. This will download the rom directly to your phone. Verify the MD5, then manually flash into clockwork and install.

4. I haven't had a single issue with Wallet yet. Fingers crossed! This issue seems sporadic at best. Use at your own risk.

To be quite honest, this is the best phone I've ever used. Picking between the Nexus and Rezound is a good problem to have - both are excellent.

OP
N

Nealius

Reaction score
3. No. If you have the Droid Forums app on your phone, just go to the Gummy Rom thread and click the link. This will download the rom directly to your phone. Verify the MD5, then manually flash into clockwork and install.

To be quite honest, this is the best phone I've ever used. Picking between the Nexus and Rezound is a good problem to have - both are excellent.

Didnt know that I could drop it right on the phone like that. Cool tip!

Yes I do realize how silly I am struggling to pick which top end phone I want. I already know what Im getting. Im just looking to justify my choice on a forums who love there phones.