Few questions

justin482005

Reaction score
1. I know I have seen the other post about the battery, however seems like this thing dies so fast. I know it's 4g but I would think you could get a day use out of it.so is there any setting I can use even though I like my social syncing

2. There is some setting for the performance such as economy ext.....what exactly is that doing ?

3. What Is the mobile toggle do ? Disable the 4g ?

4. Last is has anyone bought the extended battery for the rezound? I know they have so just wondering about some feed back

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my *REZOUND*

shanimal92

Reaction score
I bought the Rezound for my mom for Christmas so it hasnt been played with much or activated, but i did do a run through with the extended battery. It lasted for a full day (10am - 10pm) with heavy usage. If i wanted to i could probably go another day with "medium" usage. it makes the phone really thick but it never dies. granted i didnt have 4g on but i will bet that you could get a full days worth even if you have it on and still heavy usage.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Not to be rude but there are multiple threads on each of the questions you asked. Please take the time to look at those.

cp24eva

Reaction score
+1 to atomicwedgie, there is also a huge "how to save battery life" post floating all over. The main things that save my battery life: minimal amount of widgets, weather only on demand, GPS only on demand, blue tooth only on demand. E-mail, you can have it retrieve every so often. I had mine at every 5 minutes, but I got tired of that and got k-9 mail and get my mail pretty much whenever someone sends me one. Doesn't seem to affect my battery life that much.

bvjens31

Reaction score
4G will not give you a full day with stock battery, even with minimal use. I usually keep mine disabled during work days and battery life is great imho. But I also have my Corp email set to 15 minute sync. That's a dealbreaker for some but I personally enjoy only being hassled once every 15 min as opposed to on-demand :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I don't know, I leave 4g on all the time as to me it was the primary reason I upgraded. However when you look at the battery usage, the screen will still use like 85% + of the battery.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

scwchapman

Reaction score
I don't know, I leave 4g on all the time as to me it was the primary reason I upgraded. However when you look at the battery usage, the screen will still use like 85% + of the battery.

I am having the same result as you mate. I have my 4G on all day, and the phone barely loses a charge, even with mail being pushed, but the second the screen gets lit, even at the lowest settings, the battery just falls dramatically. No matter how many apps I use throughout the day, it always end up with the screen usage above 75%. Keep me posted if you've found any fixes or tips.

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
welll when i turned my brightness down my screen is only using 22%

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
what i have done and it seems to be working is leaving wifi on because i am at work all day and my home has it as well, and i downloaded the LTE switch and disabled 4G untill i needed to download speed also a big help was changing the weather to on demand. cant really say if the 4g swutch works or not because this is the 1st day i have been using the widget so i can post my remarks to that here in just a day or so and let you know if there was any change on that
I am having the same result as you mate. I have my 4G on all day, and the phone barely loses a charge, even with mail being pushed, but the second the screen gets lit, even at the lowest settings, the battery just falls dramatically. No matter how many apps I use throughout the day, it always end up with the screen usage above 75%. Keep me posted if you've found any fixes or tips.

bvjens31

Reaction score
Yeah, I would utilize Widgetsoid or something that allows you to toggle various settings easily, like screen brightness. If you stick with 30% or auto, the screen shouldn't be hitting it too hard. But if you keep it at 100%, even though it looks the best, your battery will get hammered. Sounds like a 4g toggle is a good idea to keep it disabled during periods of non-use. I imagine all 4g phones are having the "issue" with batteries draining faster while on 4g. I say "issue", because it's not really an issue, it's probably just the by-product of being on a network that moves 10x more packets per second than 3g....more throughput = more power consumption. I'm just hypothesizing on that...

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
Just something to think about for those having the problem with the batteries from what I see and have read. Think of the 4g service simular to WiFi no need for it untill you need it, keep it disabled untill you need it on the go or hotspot, and conserve the battery nothing wrong with 3g just a little slower that's why we all have the option of 4g. Makes since to me

And to add I have went over 13 hours on the battery today with decent use from doing what I stated in the earlier post .worth a shot

Sent from my *REZOUND*