Is Maps (v. 6.14.2) sucking battery power on your Rezound when not in use?

TWC42

Reaction score
Did a search on this forum and other places (Google Play Store also) for some comments about the latest update to Google Maps causing a high battery drain when not in use. Found a smattering of comments, but nothing definitive. On my Rezound, in settings, looking at "what is using the battery", I found that Maps led the pack with 36%, followed by the screen at 27%. I haven't used Maps at all today, and haven't used any app that might use mapping. Location Reporting in Maps is disabled. I noticed that Maps was also using 5% on my Xoom and 5% on my wife's Incredible 4G, and neither had used Maps. Why should an app use any power at all if it is not in use? (I might add that I have been home all day and using WiFi, not any Mobile data (4G, etc.)) If I limit the reviews of Maps on the Play Store to Rezound only and the latest version only, there are many complaints about the Rezound crashing and other incompatibilities, but not much on power consumption. Perhaps they didn't leave the app on their phone that long to witness battery drain.
I uninstalled updates and disabled Maps and will see what I am missing when I use the phone for other information, and if battery life improves significantly.
Any other Rezounders having battery issues with Maps?

shockracer

Reaction score
I thought I was, warranted my battery and back to how it was when new. I do think maps is having a small problem since Ingress is using/supported by maps.