Hello, and a few questions.

Sophistication

Reaction score
Hello, I've been reading these forums for a few years now and thought I'd join the community. I've been a part of forums in the past so I know how it goes :p I know new member threads get annoying so I thought I'd just throw it in here.

I'm currently deciding between the Note 2 and HTC DNA. I'm skeptical of the DNAs battery life, and not a fan of HTC sense. The rest I love about it. I was wondering, if I rooted the DNA and gave it a mod like Cyanogenmod 10, would the battery performance increase? I at least want a full day of battery with moderate usages (web browsing here and there, texting frequently). Also, are there better mods than Cyanogenmod for improved battery life without sacrificing a rich android experience?

Also, one more question if I may. Has anyone had hands on use with the DNA? I've heard mixed reviews about the battery, but is it that bad? On paper, the 2020mAh battery couldn't keep the 1080p display running long, but you never know.

Thanks in advance!

-Soph

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Battery life depends on usage, but overall ROMs+custom kernels have better battery life than stock. There are plenty of ROM&kernel combos that offer great battery life, but each phone can react to certain combos differently. CM10 is definitely a solid choice and offers great battery life, but there are definitely other quality ROMs out there along with quality kernels. All personal preference my friend.

I haven't had any hands-on time with the DNA. However, I can tell you HTC in general doesn't exactly excel in the battery life department.

It's only been about an hour since you posted, someone will respond. Just remember today is Thanksgiving and are out and about, why I'm on here, cause I got time to kill:p

OP
S

Sophistication

Reaction score
Thanks:) Appreciate the informative response. It had slipped my mind it was Thanksgiving when I typed it :p Any suggestion as to wait for the Note 2 or spring for the DNA? It seems to mostly come down to personal opinion since the processors are pretty fairly matched, same ram, etc. The primary factor that seems to make a difference is the screen size. Wanting a large one with lower resolution and more efficient battery life, or a smaller one with a much higher PPI, but having to sacrifice battery life.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks:) Appreciate the informative response. It had slipped my mind it was Thanksgiving when I typed it :p Any suggestion as to wait for the Note 2 or spring for the DNA? It seems to mostly come down to personal opinion since the processors are pretty fairly matched, same ram, etc. The primary factor that seems to make a difference is the screen size. Wanting a large one with lower resolution and more efficient battery life, or a smaller one with a much higher PPI, but having to sacrifice battery life.
Indeed it does come down to personal preference.

The screen, no matter what device, is the main culprit when it comes to draining battery life. I personally haven't checked out the DNA but from what I've read and seen I hear it's a pretty nice device. That's no knock on the Note 2 though which has a huge and really good looking screen. My personal preference, the Note was way too big and the Note 2 is even bigger, that's just me though. For me, the Nexus is the perfect sized phone. I had an s3 for a week and even that was a bit of a stretch (typing with one hand or swiping) with one hand, and I got some pretty big hands:D