Prospective Bionic owner, few questions

Padevilman

Reaction score
Thanks, that is good to know as I don't have 4g in my area yet .

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
The other positive thing about switching to CDMA only, is it helps with the data connection issue. I RARELY have any problem when i'm on 3g. Maybe once a month or so.

Reaction score
I liked the bionic but the data drop was awful. I.have the razor no issues. The data dose drop but pick it up on it own again. The bionic u need to toggle it into airplane mode to get 3g back 99.9% of the time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i have an after market car charger for my Droid, will it work on the Bionic as well?

Padevilman

Reaction score
The OEM cradle didn't work. But maybe some after market ones will, I guess it will depend on the design of the cradle. If you have room to slide your phone horizontally left to right about a half an inch, it may work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BSArledge

Reaction score
I LOVE my Bionic!!!

I have had my Bionic for almost a month now and I LOVE it. I am not in a 4g area so I keep 4g turned off and just use the CDMA only mode. I have not experienced any issues with my Bionic except the slow camera shutter and sometimes I have a problem with my apps saying they aren't installed when I click the apps icon but other than that I love it. The battery is good for me. I usually get a day with medium usage with emails, texts, calls, facebook, & browsing the web. I usually stay connected to my WIFI when at home to save on data usage and turn it off when away from home to help conserve battery. I do have a live background installed for Christmas & that does seem to take alittle extra battery but it still last all day. I have just bought a desktop charging cradle, car dock, extra battery with a battery charger, & a few more accessories. I am completely happy with my decision to get this phone!!! I am awaiting the update that is suppose to be coming. I do hope that fixes the slow camera shutter.

octoberdana

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread as I am considering the bionic as well. I went into the Verizon store and checked out the bionic, the charge, the razr, and the rezound. The razr is too wide for my hand and I couldn't swipe my thumb to the left side of the phone while holding it so that one is out. I loved the screen on the charge but the build quality was cheap, plastic and felt poor in the hands. So it came down to the razr or rezound. Loved the screen and customization options more on the rezound. Did not like the bulkiness, that it was all plastic. Also dont like the phone and messaging apps in sense. Drive me crazy when I had my last HTC phone. I liked the build quality and form factor on the bionic best. The price was right. Loved the available accessories. The screen was poor compared to the others. The bugs I'm reading about definitely concern me. I plan on keeping mine on 3G, but the data issues concern me. Is there an eta on the bug fixes?

stikss

Reaction score
I had the charge for a bit and swapped it to the bionic and glad i did. This phone is perfect so far.... probably the only thing i dont like is the shutter delay... but there is an app to improve it... battery is good, you can see the screen in sunlight, and dual core is fast!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have not experienced any issues with my Bionic except... sometimes I have a problem with my apps saying they aren't installed

You do know the fix for that, right? Go to settings > manage apps, then select the "media area" tab at top of page.
Make sure NOTHING is checked. No apps should be installed in the media area. Problem solved.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Schoeney

Reaction score
I have had the Bionic since the first week it was available. I came from a Blackberry.

After the first week I was real worried about the battery. I bought the extended battery and now it is not a problem.

Now that I have a had plenty of time to use and explore this phone I am very happy with everything except the camera. I will try the Camera Zoom FX app and see if that solves the problem. I do use the voice to text alot and love it.

My wife has the Iphone 4s. Her screen is clearer (but mine should be more durable). I have dropped mine several times and no damage. My 4G speed and GPS is better. Her phone is simpler to use but more limited in what you can do with it. Her headphone sound is better.

I love the fact that my standard micro bus cords work with the bionic and I did not need to buy new cords/chargers.

Not that it is a big factor but I have had a couple ocassions where I needed to respond to texts and emails while I was on the phone....that was pretty cool.

I am a sports nut and the Sports Mobile app is great (free on the Market). I also like getting the NFL Network free since I have a 4G phone. The PDA net app works well for tethering.