Bionic Battery improvement

Reaction score
rduckwor said:
Juice Defender, a software package that helps preserve battery power by shutting down certain things when they aren't in use.

RMD

Ahhh, gotcha. I tried it on GB, but it didn't work very well. Haven't tried it on .232 , yet.

cmcguffee

Reaction score
If you're on the ICS leaks or anything higher make a custom rule for battery extender in Smart Actions. You don't even need to install an app from the Play Store, and it works better than JD in my experience. JD would bug up my data connection a lot, but it happens with the Smart Actions like once every other day. Seeing as it's turning on and off every time my screen turns on and off and I use my phone all day it's pretty successful. Get Battery Widget Reborn to keep up to date on your battery info. My battery averages 18 hours and 50 minutes to die. I don't sacrifice my 4G, my GPS is on, and it's overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. I have the extended battery though so that may be part of it.

markc23

Reaction score
If you're on the ICS leaks or anything higher make a custom rule for battery extender in Smart Actions. You don't even need to install an app from the Play Store, and it works better than JD in my experience. JD would bug up my data connection a lot, but it happens with the Smart Actions like once every other day. Seeing as it's turning on and off every time my screen turns on and off and I use my phone all day it's pretty successful. Get Battery Widget Reborn to keep up to date on your battery info. My battery averages 18 hours and 50 minutes to die. I don't sacrifice my 4G, my GPS is on, and it's overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. I have the extended battery though so that may be part of it.

My experience exactly. I'm even considering going back to the regular battery for a few days and see how it acts.

NoClue48

Reaction score
cmcguffee said:

I couldn't or didn't find a Smart Actions script for battery stuff until I looked again after reading your post. I've implemented it now and turned off Juice Defender and will see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion in your post.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
cmcguffee said:
Get Battery Widget Reborn to keep up to date on your battery info.

Another one is GSam Battery Monitor, which is recommended by FoxKat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums