Should I get a new bionic?

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
Seems like some people are getting unbelievable battery life with their bionics like 24 hrs plus with some even claiming heavy use. I have the extended battery and with 4g on and max battery saving on I could get maybe get 16 hrs with little to almost no use and under 10 hrs with Internet games and some video streams. With both standard and extended when I unplug at 100% if I don't even turn the screen on it would be down to 90% within 3 hrs, and that's with max saving (so data is completely off after 15 mins).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Part of battery life depends on where you are in terms of signal strength. If you're in a place were a signal is weak the phone will use more power. Also, do you have WiFi?

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
Part of battery life depends on where you are in terms of signal strength. If you're in a place were a signal is weak the phone will use more power. Also, do you have WiFi?

I live in Honolulu so 4g seems good for the most part. I don't ever turn on wifi really since 4g seems faster than my home Internet and I have unlimited so that doesn't matter. I do notice it seems to not always seem to be connected to data even though the 4g sign is there. Also maybe only a handful of times did I get dropped to 3g or no data at all.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Check the Task Manager app and see what apps are open that could be polling LTE data when you're not wanting them to.
Apps such as Skype are battery hogs because they are constantly polling data.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Well I get no where close to 24 hours. Really Im lucky if i can get 8 hours with normal use. Wish I could get 24 hours.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I did lol. I traded my used iPhone 4 for a new-in-the-box Bionic. And this phone is so beast! Its great, the best phone so far. After my Droid X experience, i told myself i will never get another Motorola Droid, but the Bionic has changed me. Its super fast, and works perfect. Has the best UI of any phone to date. The only phone that i will be considering with the next 6 months is the Droid Prime. But honestly, heres how i think its going to go, the Prime will be released then after that Motorola will come out with like the Droid Bumblebee or something that tops the Prime, so i will be back in the same boat i am now lol. But thats all in the fun right?

But i say, get the Bionic, you won't regret it.

tgs3838

Reaction score
I did lol. I traded my used iPhone 4 for a new-in-the-box Bionic. And this phone is so beast! Its great, the best phone so far. After my Droid X experience, i told myself i will never get another Motorola Droid, but the Bionic has changed me. Its super fast, and works perfect. Has the best UI of any phone to date. The only phone that i will be considering with the next 6 months is the Droid Prime. But honestly, heres how i think its going to go, the Prime will be released then after that Motorola will come out with like the Droid Bumblebee or something that tops the Prime, so i will be back in the same boat i am now lol. But thats all in the fun right?

But i say, get the Bionic, you won't regret it.
Thats the only bad part bout buying a new cell phone. Something new comes out a month later lol.

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
I have the bionic already if you can't tell from the "sent from my bionic" but was wondering if mines seemed faulty with the battery life as some people claim to get 20 plus hours from their bionics

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
How exactly would a new bionic help you if you already own one?

Please read before you ask a stupid question. A new one would be needed if mines is defected

dkend99

Reaction score
For the first few days I was getting horrible battery life but after making a few minor changes I'm getting incredible battery life (18-24) hours with moderate/high use. Glad I didn't return it or buy the extended battery. I think it had a lot to do with letting the battery completely before recharging. At first I constantly charged it when it probably didn't need it. Not sure how the total drain then recharge method solves the problem but I have to think that's what saved my battery.

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
18 to 24 hours on the regular battery? I'm barely getting 16 with moderate use on the extended. What settings you using cause I have had this phone for 2 weeks already and seems the same since day one.

Reaction score
I hated my bionic at first,,,I loved my trusty x that I put countless different Roms on,,,hated the screen on the bionic,,loved my x screen but its growing on me,,,battery life is good I've gotten 16,17,18 hours and still had 50 percent but that's with moderate use even watched about forty five minutes of a movie,,I can't wait for the update to come out so I can start flashing roms, ,over all go get a bionic

sent from my stock bionic untill cm7 hits

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
I hated my bionic at first,,,I loved my trusty x that I put countless different Roms on,,,hated the screen on the bionic,,loved my x screen but its growing on me,,,battery life is good I've gotten 16,17,18 hours and still had 50 percent but that's with moderate use even watched about forty five minutes of a movie,,I can't wait for the update to come out so I can start flashing roms, ,over all go get a bionic

sent from my stock bionic untill cm7 hits

Like I have said to another person that doesn't like to read, I HAVE A BIONIC ALREADY!! My question AGAIN is does mine seem faulty since people seem to get double my battery life