bionic extended battery problem

yiraee

Reaction score
My droid bionics extended battery started to malfunction randomly yesterday. When i tilt my phone, it reboots and i cant do anything with the extended battery. However, my phone works fine with the standard battery. (The extended battery is not water damage.) My extended battery used to work fine and i loved it.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is?? Thanks

Ophus

Reaction score
Have the same problem on my daughters. The battery is only a week old. I'm leaning toward a bad batch of batteries.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you're not getting a good connection. Are any of the pins in the phone bent?

Ophus

Reaction score
Same here and works perfectly with the stock battery.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you bought it from someone like Verizon or Motorola can't you get a another and send in your broken one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you bought it from someone like Verizon or Motorola can't you get a another and send in your broken one.

That's a good point. Is this the Motorola, Seidio, or either of the Mugen batteries? Did you get if from Verizon or eBay?

Ophus

Reaction score
Ours is oem Motorola, from a Verizon store. I plan on taking it back and swapping.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ophus said:
Ours is oem Motorola, from a Verizon store. I plan on taking it back and swapping.

Yep and make sure its working before you leave the store! I can't stress that enough. If you ask me, have the Verizon guy imputed it in so if anything happens or id it doesn't work, its on him

OP
Y

yiraee

Reaction score
It is a legit motorola brand extended battery and i got it off verizon about 8 months ago. Do you think ill still be able to ask swap it for a new one?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
yiraee said:
It is a legit motorola brand extended battery and i got it off verizon about 8 months ago. Do you think ill still be able to ask swap it for a new one?

If you had a warranty on it, depending on how long the waranty was

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

yes they cover it for a while... I exchanged mine 2 months ago after the gold pins stopped touching (showed invalid battery)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
yes they cover it for a while... I exchanged mine 2 months ago after the gold pins stopped touching (showed invalid battery)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Don't they cover those things for like a year?? Just a guesstiment