A few questions on GN

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
CWM now has the option to install zip from internal memory. Once selected the entire contents of internal are shown, so there is no need for an external SD card to ROM.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
CWM now has the option to install zip from internal memory. Once selected the entire contents of internal are shown, so there is no need for an external SD card to ROM.

Good to know, had not realized that. Thanks for the info!!

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score

Jw how and were do you do this? Only thing i see in my cwm under advanced is partition sd?
Thanks

sent while flying my kite in the rain

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jw how and were do you do this? Only thing i see in my cwm under advanced is partition sd?
Thanks

sent while flying my kite in the rain

What version CWM are you running?

CWM v5.0.2.3 has option to "Install from zip file" the following menu allows you to select from internal or external. When making a backup it also allows you to choose internal or external as a save source. The two Modified recoveries are used on DX2 and Xoom. Rogue Recovery 1.2 and Tenfar. So perhaps its not a Stock recovery, but a modified one. I imagine, though do not know, this is a similar case for current Nexus that does not have SD, and any other device without an SD, or that have Devs that created a modified recovery.

edit: For DX2 the option is still "Install zip from SDCARD" but the following menu includes "choose zip from sdcard" and "choose zip from internal sdcard", as well as three other options to install update.zip, and toggle script asserts and signature verification.