GN - Phone Exchange

Htown315

Reaction score
I just checked and mine is 11.11 and I bought it on Dec23. I would also like to know what the difference is between 11.11 and 11.12

sfierro

Reaction score
when you take the phone in to the store to exchange, do they give you a replacement on the spot or ship one out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
when you take the phone in to the store to exchange, do they give you a replacement on the spot or ship one out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

If it's a factory defect/problem within 30 days, then yes, new phone from stock immediately. Warranty claim or after 30 days = CLNR shipped to you.

chingwongfu

Reaction score
The 11.11 and 11.12 refer to the manufacting date.

2011.November and 2011.December

Europeans and Asian countries do YY/MM/DD vs US MM/DD/YY

....so it's just another "batch".

Those that got new phones what is the number above the IMEI. As mentioned, mine changed from 11.11 to 11.12. Just wondering if there was a difference.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I originally had an 11.11 phone and had mine exchanged due to issues. I'm not sure if the replacement I got was a new unit or a certified like new unit, but it works much better than the first. Judging from the packaging it seemed brand new but either way, I cannot complain!

This device I have now is also an 11.12 batch, and I noticed that the battery / back cover on the device is slightly different. It has a few more, i will call them mounds, basically making it so the cover has less room between itself and the innards of the device. On the 11.11 Nexus my back cover I was able to squeeze it in a bit and sometimes it would make a clicky noise, while the 11.12 Nexus does not do it and I am very happy about that!