a buddy got a new droid x. one click root work?

???

Reaction score
I have a droid 1 running chevy01 that I love. so a friend of mine just got a droidx with 2.2 on it, and asked about rooting it, I looked around and found a bunch of stuff that looked like you had to flash back to 2.1, root that and then install a rooted 2.2 rom, stock or other wise. leading loading backups and boot loaders. I'm sure that's more than he wants to go thru since he loves the phone and just wants wifi tethering app to work.

any chance there's a one click root app for an x running 2.2 already?

Raziel36

Reaction score
Z4root works on Droid X with 2.2 preinstalled. It's free in the market. After using the manual method a few times, due to boot loops and SBFing, I finally broke down and went one-click. Hate that, though, more rewarding to do it with terminal emulator :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
?

???

Reaction score
thanks for the quick replys.. telling him now. off to fine a tether app to sent him.

Raziel36

Reaction score
thanks for the quick replys.. telling him now. off to fine a tether app to sent him.
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
Or search market for Barnacle WiFi Tether. I would suggest using the hacked versions of the actual 3G Hotspot app, but it can be a pain to get working if you're not comfortable with the process. Some info about it on the forums.. just search around a bit.

rwaustin

Reaction score
I used z4root free and then Barnacal and I can broadcast and all. I have an X with 2.2. Stock in every way.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
wireless tether in the market.

rwaustin

Reaction score
where I found it.

I went to the market on the front page and searched for it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Uh oh!! You thinking of rooting your X Mr. Anti smartphone?? Haha!! ;)

I cant find this z4root thing

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

rwaustin

Reaction score
Just trying things out

I am a old dos user and all this brings back memories of ram disks and loading 640k of! Ram on expansion boards. :icon_ banana:

digdug1

Reaction score
i have had a rooted droid 1 for a while now but, my x will arrive later this week. my question is will it come on 2.1 or 2.2? if it comes on 2.1 should i update to 2.2 before rooting? i think i read about a new update coming out. thanks!