Just rooted my Droid X

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
glad to see u did it. if u have any questions with root, feel free to ask :)

rw4x

Reaction score
I have a quick question. I rooted following the same method. Everything looks fine, I have my lil ninja "superuser permission" icon but once I click it, I have a black screen with "Superuser Permissions" at the top. Thats all thats visible. Any advice? TIA

OP
D

dswartze

Reaction score
@rw4x, when I click the "Superuser Permissions" icon it lists all the apps that have been given superuser (aka root) access.

airwaves

Reaction score
If you have not gave permission to any programs yet there will be none listed. thats why you have black screen. As you give permission to programs they list on that black screen.

rw4x

Reaction score
Ok, forgive me cuz Im new to this. How do I grant programs permission and what are some that you would recommend? What are some programs or apps that I "need" to mess with? Thanks guys

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ok, forgive me cuz Im new to this. How do I grant programs permission and what are some that you would recommend? What are some programs or apps that I "need" to mess with? Thanks guys

It prompts you when you launch a program, it will request SU all you do is click allow.

WifiTether
TIBackup
cachemate
adfree
busybox
set cpu
realhdmi
drocap

^ are all apps that require root.