rooting my droid X???

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
so ive searched on here on how to root my droid x and ive tried several ways all unsuccessful... i've tried this method

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/74980-droid-x-hacking-guide-s.html the sbf for 2.1 it says to get bricks my phone and one that is suggested to fix the problem just puts it back to 2.2. and when i try the root program it fails to connect to device but all my drivers are correct

and this one

How To: Root Your Android Phone (SuperOneClick Method) | TheUnlockr this one got stuck and didn't finish and made my phone seem like it underclocked to 100mhz because it took 5 minutes to type a sentence

i have a:
Droid X
A.V. 2.2
S.V. 2.3.15
everything stock
please help me

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd say get z4root from xda and use that. Worked/works great on my gf's D2!! :dancedroid:
P.S. - Make sure you're downloading v1.3.0

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
DROIDpfft

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
I'd say get z4root from xda and use that. Worked/works great on my gf's D2!! :dancedroid:
P.S. - Make sure you're downloading v1.3.0

DroidForums junkie!!

where on xda can i find z4root to download?

OP
DROIDpfft

DROIDpfft

Reaction score

ok i found it and i installed the app on my phone and i pressed permanent root and at the bottom it says "running exploit in order to obtain root access" how long does it usually say this for?

EDIT:: i found a youtube video saying if you get stuck on that part, reboot and retry, so im doing that now , thanks

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It varies honestly. My gf's D2 took like 2 minutes but I also rooted a coworkers D2 yesterday and it took closer to the 5-10 minute range to complete. The first boot up took maybe another 2-3 on the Droid eye.

ok i found it and i installed the app on my phone and i pressed permanent root and at the bottom it says "running exploit in order to obtain root access" how long does it usually say this for?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
DROIDpfft

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
thanks for all your help. im rooted now and have clockwork recovery. im about to instal rubix 1.9 and i was wondering which is best on stability and performance? and what overclocking kernals can i use on it?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem, that's why we're here...to help each other. You'll really need to experiment to see what ROM you and your phone like best. I've seen good things about Rubix and Squidlymandingo's ROM too! No kernels as the bootloader is still locked. You can overclock with Jrummy's app in the market though.

thanks for all your help. im rooted now and have clockwork recovery. im about to instal rubix 1.9 and i was wondering which is best on stability and performance? and what overclocking kernals can i use on it?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
DROIDpfft

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
i installed and not the rubix bootlogo keeps looping and i cant get into the alternative recovery using power on and home.

No problem, that's why we're here...to help each other. You'll really need to experiment to see what ROM you and your phone like best. I've seen good things about Rubix and Squidlymandingo's ROM too! No kernels as the bootloader is still locked. You can overclock with Jrummy's app in the market though.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you wipe data and cache before installing? I thought power and search was used to get into recovery..?

DroidForums junkie!!