a buddy got a new droid x. one click root work?

???

I have a droid 1 running chevy01 that I love. so a friend of mine just got a droidx with 2.2 on it, and asked about rooting it, I looked around and found a bunch of stuff that looked like you had to flash back to 2.1, root that and then install a rooted 2.2 rom, stock or other wise. leading loading backups and boot loaders. I'm sure that's more than he wants to go thru since he loves the phone and just wants wifi tethering app to work.

any chance there's a one click root app for an x running 2.2 already?

Raziel36

Z4root works on Droid X with 2.2 preinstalled. It's free in the market. After using the manual method a few times, due to boot loops and SBFing, I finally broke down and went one-click. Hate that, though, more rewarding to do it with terminal emulator :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
?

???

thanks for the quick replys.. telling him now. off to fine a tether app to sent him.

rwaustin

I used z4root free and then Barnacal and I can broadcast and all. I have an X with 2.2. Stock in every way.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rwaustin

Just trying things out

I am a old dos user and all this brings back memories of ram disks and loading 640k of! Ram on expansion boards. :icon_ banana:

digdug1

i have had a rooted droid 1 for a while now but, my x will arrive later this week. my question is will it come on 2.1 or 2.2? if it comes on 2.1 should i update to 2.2 before rooting? i think i read about a new update coming out. thanks!