[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Well - any hope of getting stuff done just got slaughtered....

downloading...

gramenz

Reaction score
WiFi Hotspot

Great ROM, been waiting for Nex-Tang for a while....didn't disappoint! However, I see that the WiFi Hotspot option is available in this release, and Clicking on it says "error" however the icon remains in the notification bar as active. This was an issue with previous Froyo source releases. Any way of removing this? The icon is bothering the bejesus out of me! Thanks JRummy!!

Vaden K

Reaction score
Installed with all screens and apps setup now! I'm getting good at that part. Seems to run OK, GPS actually locked on in my basement which it wouldnt in 1.0 or 1.1, but still doesnt have the signal it used too. Switching screens seems pokey though with this launcher. Once a themed LauncherPRO is up i'll use it. Revamped music app with gesture control is AWESOME! One thing though, maybe its intentional but the gmail, calender and youtube icons are in red. Doesnt bother me at all though because it gives it some color, the blueberry was way too much blue.

My connection for GPS and phone dont seem very strong since going to Froyo, will trying a new baseband fix this?

All in all, great job!

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for nextheme and nextang screens please!! :) :)

Nex Tang... there might be some minor differences in my port

NexTANG_Promo.png

Vaden K

Reaction score
NextTang is definitley not my style, I'll stick with the key lime, its very tasteful and colorful. Thanks for the pic J.

Leonius

Reaction score
Great ROM, been waiting for Nex-Tang for a while....didn't disappoint! However, I see that the WiFi Hotspot option is available in this release, and Clicking on it says "error" however the icon remains in the notification bar as active. This was an issue with previous Froyo source releases. Any way of removing this? The icon is bothering the bejesus out of me! Thanks JRummy!!
I have the same issue. Wiped data & cache, using a chevy kernal. I'm going to reflash the rom and doublecheck.

gramenz

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Wiped data & cache, using a chevy kernal. I'm going to reflash the rom and doublecheck.

More than likely this will have to be taken care of in the next release. Sapphire had this problem as well in his first release, the next release fixed the issue.

btpetrina

Reaction score
ok i wipe twice and still getting the wifi not working, tether icon at the top just says error and the market is not updating. Anyone have any advice?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see in the OP that the "get rid of the clock and change notification colors" d/l is coming soon. I hope sooner than later cause I really want to go to this ROM.

I have a bet going with my wife that I can go 2 weeks without modding the phone. :icon_eek:

But, I can load the Strawberry ROM over the Kangerade 1.1 Strawberry ROM I have installed (right??) without wiping so the apps and app modifications stay, but I gotta have the clock gone and the notification colors correct. LOL

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

This isn't an option yet in any froyo rom. Don't know what happened to apps restoring.. might just be a theme.. I swear it was working for me before. Also, I would be very surprised if wifi didn't work.

Leonius

Reaction score
Wifi works but when it is turned on I always have a notification about wifi hotspots...and the checkbox always return an error, so I can't get rid of the notification.

Just flashed to green and still stuck with that notification icon...I'll try wiping data/cache again and try nextang and see if it shares the issue and if the wipe fixes it.

Last edited:

Staywide8

Reaction score
Nextang's sound icon in the settings is not themed, nor the icons at the bottom of everything. Cool, but not as complete as the nextheme.