7.1.2 Nexus 6P

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My nexus 6 seems smoother, faster, and doesn't freeze like my 6P.

Now to be fair my 6P hasn't froze up in awhile, battery life still sucks.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I get my N6P updates right on time, and i don't have a sim card in the phone. The phones does seem a little bit faster though.:p

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I get my N6P updates right on time, and i don't have a sim card in the phone. The phones does seem a little bit faster though.:p
you don't need a sim. These are coming straight from google. Unless VZW puts their hands in it for some reason.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
you don't need a sim. These are coming straight from google. Unless VZW puts their hands in it for some reason.

In another month, I won't give a hoot what Verizon does. I'm heading over to T-Mo.:p

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If I didn't travel I would be on TMO.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been on AT&T, and found it too expensive. This will be my first time with Tmo.:p

I switched from Verizon to ATT back when I bought my Note 2 and I haven't missed Verizon one bit.

I started to give T-Mobile a try but 2 things held me back.

1) I'm still not ready to trust their infrastructure yet.

2) When I dipped my toes in the T-mobile pool I bought a mobile hotpot for a family member. When I had a few issues I could tell where they were cutting their money from in their customer service reps. At the time I could only get help at a certain time over the phone (we were having an issue with the device because I used a number with a different area code and it just threw their system off), and even then the rep over the phone did more to make things worse. Now I have experienced bad customer service reps on both AT&T and Verizon so I tried several times later to talk to a tech and a few other reps only to just give up. I ended up buying another hotspot through AT&T's prepaid service and when the rep took the extra time to talk my grandmother (who was far from being tech savvy at the time) through setting her iPad up over the wifi hotspot when I was in a meeting, it just reminded me why I am still willing to stay with them.

Like I said in another thread (when I referenced Apple's tech support) having quality tech support to me is worth a little extra and it enhances an already quality service. Less quality tech support with less reliability equals a drop off for me.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
9fd3bf7453b7db176ec1294b7ee37ca6.jpg

^ infamous battery drain. I was at 100 1.5 hours ago. I killed all my apps and yet still something is going on because I can feel my battery getting warm.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had the Android system drain. Can't remember what I did yo fix it. Deleted cache maybe?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had the Android system drain. Can't remember what I did yo fix it. Deleted cache maybe?
I've rebooted, deleted cache, factory reset, and removed apps.

I'll keep digging though, I'm sure to find it. Or at least contain it until new phone time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel like I'm having trouble keeping a data connection, despite showing a signal. Or it's just really slow. Songs take 7-10 seconds to start, switching from data to WiFi and vice versa take a little bit to switch.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I'm holding out for the Pixel 2 or whatever it will be called. I just need the 6P to hang on until then..I'm really tired of sub-par battery life in what are suppose to be flagship devices, and the 6P for me from the get go has never had great battery life.

My plan as well. I LOVE my 6P, but I'm tired of people telling me that the sound quality of my calls is terrible. My workaround has been to turn on the speakerphone, but that's a pita...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My plan as well. I LOVE my 6P, but I'm tired of people telling me that the sound quality of my calls is terrible. My workaround has been to turn on the speakerphone, but that's a pita...
Are you on Verizon? Did you turn off advanced calling? Nobody could hear me until I did that.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Yes, Mustang, I am on Verizon. Where is the setting to turn that off? Thanks.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, Mustang, I am on Verizon. Where is the setting to turn that off? Thanks.
I haven't heard that complaint, maybe they just haven't said anything. I'm tired of poor battery life, every other update I seem to have connection issues. When they fix one thing, another thing stops functioning correctly. I'm having stutters and freezes when opening or transitioning to other apps. I know it's two years old but I thought even two years ago Google's babies would be a little more fluid than this.

I quoted the wrong post, but the option is in Settings, more, cellular networks.