4G Data Pricing

vann816

Reaction score
While I'm excited about the Bionic the thing that may hold me back is the 4G data rates. Especially since I'm in a city that 4G has yet to roll out in. 3G on my D1 isn't bad, I couldn't justify paying much more than I pay now even if 4G is X times faster.

At what price point would 4G data rates be a deal breaker for you?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

georgek

Reaction score
Probably no more than 10 dollars a month for unlimited. It would be nice if the price was the same as 3g though.

maxnicks

Reaction score
I'll be looking to see what's up with T-Mobile when the time comes to upgrade. I love my D1 but T-Mobile is supposed to have their High speed up to 42Mbps later this year.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It would have to be alot. There is no better network that Big Red....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

they call me d

Reaction score
honestly the current pricing upsets me. I have to pay $20 a person per month for my brother and I just to have our droids. It's ridiculous. I don't even use more then 20mb in a month of OTA data. Everywhere I go I have wifi so I just jump on that but VZW requires data plans for the phone. I wish they had a 50mb/month plan for like $5.99 cuz I'd be all over that.

So in short, if 4g is even more then 3g, I won't be upgrading...

lookEVO

Reaction score
50 mb... LOL. Im at 2.3 gb right now with a week to go on my bill cycle.... and i use wifi when i can.

FastEddie

Reaction score
Yes that's what will suck the higher cost.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Godric

Reaction score
They should come out with a 3g version too :[

patfireben

Reaction score
4G?

I still don't understand how 4G is going to be true 4G? The infrastructure here in the United States can barely handle 3G so I think we're gonna get ripped off on these "4G" phones when they really aren't offering 4G. Is there going to be IPv6 support or not?

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I still don't understand how 4G is going to be true 4G? The infrastructure here in the United States can barely handle 3G so I think we're gonna get ripped off on these "4G" phones when they really aren't offering 4G. Is there going to be IPv6 support or not?

Definitely one of those things where the technical specs and the marketing clash. The Cell Phone company marketing department are wanting to sell the Next Generation aspect while walking all over the official definition of a 4G network.

To officially be 4G, it would take LTE Advanced, not just LTE.

Regardless, it's still much faster than the current 3G networks.

frozty

Reaction score
There is no way T mobile has 42mps in their actual network, VZW has just 12 and my lan is 15

codye91

Reaction score
According the the manager at my local Verizon, if you live in a 3G coverage area, you won't have to pay extra for the 4G if you wont be using it.