2.3 Bug Fix Issued For Droid X. Is Our Gingerbread Soon?

iguanad

Reaction score
Do you think we will be getting our Gingerbread now that the Droid X 2.3 bugs are fixed?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

captain howdy

Reaction score
That's was just what 1 person was told by a rep. You ask 10 reps the same question and you get 12 different responses. Every one know the reps don't know anything. I would imagine that some time we will get it just not anytime soon. Perhaps december or next year after google takes control of moto.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
maybe Google bought out Motorola since they were sick of their crap and they wanted to control it hahahah :p

Byakushiki

Reaction score
VZ reps in general are terrible in providing info like that.

What, they don't like my cooking? (Nods at a rifle) :laugh:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how Google acquiring Motorola will help certain old phones get an update to 2.3.
Because Motorola stays a separate business, and the staff remains the same.

bikedude880

Reaction score
More speculation? Here, feed on this: They don't have to upgrade our phone. Leaving it on a buggy Froyo is their perogative. If it /really/ matters, GB is able to run on the Froyo kernel. Just because other phones are getting it... need I repeat myself? They already have the DX2 and D3 (global) out to market, why upgrade old phones? Just costs money, and they're out to make it.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

OP
iguanad

iguanad

Reaction score
I get what you are saying but they already announced that they would be upgrading it to Gingerbread. Based on the premature posting of the update description on Verizon's website, they are close to being ready. The rumor was that they pulled it back due to the bugs they were experiencing with the Droid X 2.3 update. Since they have apparently fixed those bugs, I thought the D2G update might be soon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

scubadave

Reaction score
Just when did they fix these bugs. I still have all of mine and there is no update.

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
It's just funny to me that when the Android phones first hit they had everyone under the impression that you could logically keep the same phone for as long as you wanted to because it would keep updating and evolving to the new technology. Obviously this is not the case, but wasn't that the whole idea of the DROID? That it would learn, and forever evolve? SMH...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That remains true to a degree if you look at The DROID 1. It runs gingerbread quite well, and will very likely get an ICS port. So right about now, it's kind of a godfather/grandfather to all of the Droid lineup. It still packs a punch though.