2.3 GB update delayed to Droid X...D2G even longer???

Asphyx

Reaction score
My thought on that was the same as it was with the X, if the X can have it, why not the D2 and if D2 can have it, why not D2G?

Well the big issue is the Dual Band of the D2G while the DX and D2 are both single band units.

Those roms have none of the SIM software needed for the Global.

This is the main reason why our D2G does not get the love of the other units.

A D2 ROM could actually be built from just about CDMA leaked rom.
Same for the DX.

D2G is one of the few Dual Band phones out there using Android.
So all that can be done is tweaking the stock we already have.

On a upbeat note I hear P3Droid are raving about the new Moto Blur. Actually say they like it and that Moto did a great job!

SierraRR

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when Verizon and Motorola are gonna release the OTA update yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

guest00459

Reaction score
Quick question.....I have the unrooted 2.3.3 release, but if I download the rooted version (which is the only way to root to my knowledge) I can just install that directly over my current version correct?

B

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Quick question.....I have the unrooted 2.3.3 release, but if I download the rooted version (which is the only way to root to my knowledge) I can just install that directly over my current version correct?

B

You know this is a Droid 2 Global forum, right?

silverfang77

Reaction score
If Gingerbread isn't out by June, I'll just flash the leaked ROM to my D2. Screw Moto and VZW for making us wait.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I doubt itll take months to release an OTA when the d2g's sibling phones have an (unofficial) release

CellZealot

Reaction score
The builds we released for DX and D2 are definitely NOT the same builds that were rejected by VZW.
The DX build is dated 3/23/2011 and we had it in our hands 2 days after it was created and released it 2 days after that. The typical time frame for testing firmware releases is 4-6 weeks. There is no way anyone outside of Motorola could have even seen this build, let alone pass through any testing whatsoever.

As I posted earlier, be patient. The D2G Gingerbread build is being written right now and we have been told to expect it shortly. The radio chipset for the global devices is completely different than D2/DX and the framework in the OS is very different as well.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
The builds we released for DX and D2 are definitely NOT the same builds that were rejected by VZW.
The DX build is dated 3/23/2011 and we had it in our hands 2 days after it was created and released it 2 days after that. The typical time frame for testing firmware releases is 4-6 weeks. There is no way anyone outside of Motorola could have even seen this build, let alone pass through any testing whatsoever.

As I posted earlier, be patient. The D2G Gingerbread build is being written right now and we have been told to expect it shortly. The radio chipset for the global devices is completely different than D2/DX and the framework in the OS is very different as well.

Moto is writing the build for D2G now?

CellZealot

Reaction score
Yes, along with all the other phone models they are working on.

And the global radio is quintuple band, not "dual band" as someone said above.
The radio image for a global device is over twice the size of a CDMA/EvDO radio image if that is some indication of the complexity involved.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Yes, along with all the other phone models they are working on.

And the global radio is quintuple band, not "dual band" as someone said above.
The radio image for a global device is over twice the size of a CDMA/EvDO radio image if that is some indication of the complexity involved.

thanks dude for the heads up. Here's a banana for you :icon_ banana:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I mentioned that very fact in another thread....dual radios, quad band, different framework = be patient

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I mentioned that very fact in another thread....dual radios, quad band, different framework = be patient

No dude. I don't think you understand. If it works for a D2, there should be a quick and easy way to make it work for D2G. Moto and VZW are ASSHOLES for making us wait.

/s

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I don't think you understand the hardware and core software differences between a D2 and a D2G. Im sure an official OTA will take longer.