2.3 GB update delayed to Droid X...D2G even longer???

Jordan8

Reaction score
HTC isn't as near as bad as Motorola, and chances are that the bootloader lockings are Verizon's fault.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
Htc tried to lock more then moto did in the tb. I assume pretty soon they'll have it as tight as motos lock is as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

CellZealot

Reaction score
Gingerbread for the D2G is coming soon...I promise. ;)
Hopefully for the Pro as well.

Root will come too...its going to take some work.
This has been out less than 24 hours at this point, be patient.

rusty815

Reaction score
Gingerbread for the D2G is coming soon...I promise. ;)
Hopefully for the Pro as well.

Root will come too...its going to take some work.
This has been out less than 24 hours at this point, be patient.

i have to say thanks CellZealot and the rest of the TBH team, i only wish i could pay more for your app ;) i cant wait till us D2G users have gingerbread, i absolutely love how the new Blur looks and functions, any ETA on our gingerbread? :D

leobg

Reaction score
CZ, on the youtube video from androidcentral, it seems installation is done via clockwork - isn't it possible after flashing gingerbread, to flash update.zip to push su binary and superuser.apk before the reboot? Sounds like easy way to get root, no?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking "what's wrong with these guys? Oh, I'm in D2G. Glad i noticed, good to hear it's coming your way too. My thought on that was the same as it was with the X, if the X can have it, why not the D2 and if D2 can have it, why not D2G?

rusty815

Reaction score
yeah, i think the reason its delayed for the D2G is because they need to test it first, but i agree, the D2G gets no love when it comes to getting dev work done, its really sad, especially because the D2 has been phased out for it.

leobg

Reaction score
Droid X/2 Gingerbread just got rooted! Things are nicely progressing. Can't wait to shuffle this up on my D2G!!!

zero7404

Reaction score
i had a look at the video up on engadget ... much improved over 2.2, most notably speed and elimination of stutters/lags in the OS.

hopefully what's available for the DX will be identical for the D2G ...

if this is what verizon rejected, not sure why it was rejected. maybe some nasty bug or something that hasn't been discovered yet by those who've dl'd and installed on D2, DX

leobg

Reaction score
...or something Verizon didn't want on the phone... a simple thing like color scheme maybe - the new blue blur looks more AT&T than Verizon. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Last edited: