Gingerbread on May 27th

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think the x2 is getting the update dude just yet. This is for the dx. I'm sad too cause I'm on a d2.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

g02sle3p

Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with my issue? It's said the file is too big for storage but like I said before I've got gigs of space on both the phone and sd card ... and the file is only 111mb.

Attempting to download again but my job sucks, don't have wifi access and it's taking longer than the original 30 minutes to download from when I was home. Should I be using Wifi for this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
I have read and have been told dx2 is getting it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
The droid X is scheduled to get an OTA on the 27th for Gingerbread 2.3

Harold Camping predicted May 21st...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

For the record...
The DroidX got the GB 2.3 OTA update on 1st June 2011, in Southern California.
I had to do a check for System Updates to get it.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Woke up to some tasty Gingerbread in the Philly area. I don't like the new location of the App Drawer is there some way to move it?

nubia

Reaction score
Has anyone found or seen a thread or site with info on the dx2 getting gingerbread? I'm bummed that I got this damn phone and it didnt come with gingerbread preloaded. what a bunch of ****. Oh, and it has the old version of market on it as well. All that said, can anyone point me in the right dirrection. One other thing I do really like the dx2 alot. I also like the origional as well. Anyhow thanks for your help in advance.

g02sle3p

Reaction score
Alright, so after having to factory reset my phone I can say that Gingerbread was well worth it!!

Battery life is improved, functionality is a lot smoother, and the different color scheme is awesome.

Very pleased. Can't wait for the next update!!

wrhoades

Reaction score
Help, got new refurbished phone, dropped mine broke screen...need to root again! Put in sd card, syncs w app brain, no luck, plz advise!
Downloaded superuser app no luck, plz refresh memory!

Drummynator

Reaction score
Help, got new refurbished phone, dropped mine broke screen...need to root again! Put in sd card, syncs w app brain, no luck, plz advise!
Downloaded superuser app no luck, plz refresh memory!

Z4

Sent from my Focused DROID X

rbw62

Reaction score
I think they are full of it. I check every day 3 times a day. Still Android Froyo. Build 2.2.1. Stop with all the BS

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
Love mine I got my update june 1 st at 12:17am

Me too! It has really nice features and its much faster too. All this blue take some getting use too though Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I manually checked .. ( settings - about phone - check for update ) but it's telling me that I have no space on my phone. Very odd considering I have 6+gigs internal space and 14+gigs on the sd card ...

Do you have an original Droid or the Droid X? The Gingerbread update is only for the Droid X. These OTA updates are specific to a certain phone - in this case, the DX.

-Mike