2.2 already out?

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Hey guys *take what I say as a rumor* I just was in best buy talking to a sales Rep and he seemed to know some stuff we were talking about the fascinate and I say it suxs that 2.2 isn't out yet byut he says it came out like 2 months ago and cost 5 bucks to upgrade to that's y no one has it because no one wants to pay any ideas

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The best buy guy was full of it.
They know less than VZW reps....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Rogue27

Reaction score
Wow that rep has totally no clue what hes talking about. I work for verizon so i know thats a load of bull. If it were true then most discussions wouldnt start with "wheres 2.2 for fascinate" rather they would begin with "thats ridiculous to have to pay $5 for 2.2", which most people probably would be willing to have paid for it 2 months ago regardless

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I thought so and tomorrow I was planning on going to Verizon and picking up the fascinate but without 2.2 is it worth it I have a d1 now

krauser2

Reaction score
I thought so and tomorrow I was planning on going to Verizon and picking up the fascinate but without 2.2 is it worth it I have a d1 now

It's so much better than D1, I personally Haven't had any serious issues with mine and I wouldn't trade it in for anything b/c I enjoy using the fascinate on a daily basis.

Melody

Reaction score
Froyo updates to a limited amount of phones from verizon

Verizon or Samsung would never charge customers for updates, maybe you misunderstood him? In regards to the facinate ever being updated to Froyo, well this remains to be seen. The only thing I have heard that mimics any future of a update for this amazing phone that is worthy & should have originally been a 2.2 is US cellular is providing updates for Samsung Acclaim, HTC Desire, Samsung Mesmerize & LG Apex, these phones will be getting updated to Froyo. Now I have heard & be it Im not holding my breath, that Samsung is pushing out Galaxy Froyo update codes to carriers for testing. I have seen many Verizon customers who are red in the face over the Froyo taking so long & some are so upset that they are planning to dump Verizon/Samsung after their contracts expire. My personal opinion is this is still a great phone, & when & if we ever get a Froyo then its just icing on the cake. Im happy with this phone just as it is.

bluevolume

Reaction score
Hey guys *take what I say as a rumor* I just was in best buy talking to a sales Rep and he seemed to know some stuff we were talking about the fascinate and I say it suxs that 2.2 isn't out yet byut he says it came out like 2 months ago and cost 5 bucks to upgrade to that's y no one has it because no one wants to pay any ideas

That is seriously the dumbest thing I've read on this forum yet.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Katnipthief

Reaction score
Ya if it was an option to pay to have it faster I would. 5 bucks its a joke.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score

That is seriously the dumbest thing I've read on this forum yet.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

What I said or the rep I am just conveying what he said and I am not mistaken I asked a few people about it

minmongoblin

Reaction score
You need to stop asking people that have zero clue. They will never charge to update phone OS's. There would be such a backlash if any company started that.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I didn't ask I said the fascinate is a good phone but it sucks it doesn't have froyo and he was like yeah it does and 2.3 is coming out soon