fascinate question

trip13

Reaction score
all right fascinate gurus, i'm in need of some info:

long story short, i got the og droid on the 1st day it came out, it broke.. asurion sent me a palm pre as a replacement at my request because it is capable of turning into a mobile hot spot without having to pay an extra fee on top of the unlimited data plan i pay for. i want to upgrade.. besides the mobile hot spot, the palm phone is a POS. the wife's line is due for an upgrade today and i plan on taking it for myself. she doesn't need a new phone.

I've heard from a couple verizon reps that the fascinate is capable of the same thing- without the monthly fee that the incredible incurrs when it's activated to be a mobile hot spot.

Just need to know one thing- out of the box, will a fascinate turn into a mobile hot spot? I don't want to root my phone or any of that garbage. Just want to press a button and have my mobile hot spot turn on.

i thank you in advance for your answers.

OP
T

trip13

Reaction score
sidenote- i've also heard that it's capable of it, but won't work until android 2.2 comes out for the phone.

truth?

if/when is 2.2 coming out? supposedly EOY 2010, but we're 15 days away from that.

IamGov

Reaction score
Not true. Need root for wifi tether. Simple process now though. Z4root is one click root and mobile wifi is downloadable.

ONLY the og Palm Pre does the hotspots for free, they changed the software with the "plus".

The D2 and Dx have mobile hotspots for a fee, but with incredible You can change the dun(simple thing) and have free hotspot.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.