Wont update to 2.2

JScharf92

Reaction score
Im writing this on behalf of my dad:

He has the fascinate and it will not update to froyo ota. when he goes to check for an update he always gets a message from innopath (i think thats what its called) that the server is unavailable. it cant find the server over 3g (in different locations with a wide range of service. some of them are full service) and other times it wont work over wifi. it wouldnt work when 2.2 first came out for the fasciante but he tried again today and it still wouldnt work.

any idea on how to fix this? we would prefer to do it ota and not have to manually place the file and flash it or whatever its called.

The fascinate is currently running stock 2.1 update 1

in addition the lady at verizon said that it was because there is a launcher is installed. ADW launcher to be specific.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
The launcher has nothing to do with receiving the OTA. I would go to the Verizon store since you dont want to root and upgrade yourself. As I have no idea why it wouldn't get it. Demand a new phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
JScharf92

JScharf92

Reaction score
The launcher has nothing to do with receiving the OTA. I would go to the Verizon store since you dont want to root and upgrade yourself. As I have no idea why it wouldn't get it. Demand a new phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

we were at verizon today trying to get a new battery which was a project in itself. this lady knew nothing. she was telling us that the innopath was a virus and that the only way to update was the ota... which she couldnt get to work cause innopath is unavailable. thats not the kind of person that i want updating a phone that has an involved process.

can someone post the process for updating the software? id still rather do the ota but if its easy i would consider doing in manually. ive read into it for my phone (moto x) and it seemed a little out of my comfort level

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with my phone, i tried everything nothing worked, finally I did a factory reset and that did the trick :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums