Lack of 2.2 Update Getting National Attention

celtlion

Reaction score
PC Magazine Article Yesterday:

"Simmering resentment over Samsung not issuing upgrades for its Android phones is turning into rage.

This is really getting out of hand. A user revolt is starting among the tech blogs and on Twitter about Samsung's absolutely shameful lack of communication on updating its U.S. Galaxy S phones (including the Captivate, Epic, Fascinate, Mesmerize and Vibrant) to Android 2.2.

The simmering resentment came to a boil this week thanks to a conspiracy theory promulgated by an unnamed T-Mobile employee that Samsung is purposefully avoiding upgrading the phones so they can sell more of their next-generation phones. This story has absolutely zero credibility, but it's been widely cited just because people are so confused and annoyed. I'm not going to link to it..."

Article Here:Samsung Must Come Clean on Android Updates | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

AlanShole

Reaction score
I'm just sick of substandard customer service. It seems like no matter what phone I get, there's always some issue like this. Ihave had Palm Trio, Blackberry Storm, 1 and 2, and now the Fascinate. "Get this phone because it has a much better display and it'll have froyo in December", lies the sales manager at my local Verizon. If I want this kind of service I'd have stayed with Sprint...

I Hate Siglines

Katnipthief

Reaction score
Maybe WE dont have 2.2 because YOU have a fascinate. go get another phone so we can get our upgrade!

:icon_ banana:

AlanShole

Reaction score
So, your thinking that maybe I'm the jinx? Hmmm...

I Hate Siglines

AlanShole

Reaction score
Yeah. Well, I'm laughing, on the inside! :-D

I Hate Siglines

AlanShole

Reaction score
Well, I still have my phone and we got our upgrade. Jinx broken :-D

~I Hate Siglines~