A retailer that has a clue!

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Speaking of funny verizon experiences...

I was at the store when bionic first came out and online i could get it for $250 but in the store for $300. So I thought I'd try to get them reduce the price which they declined but offered me an accessories kit which they said is worth $50(car charger, case, screen protector) for free with my purchase.

In return being a smart ass that I am I refused and said that I can get that same kit on ebay for $5. Rep replied that he will bet me $50 that I won't find it for $5.

So I went over to their working bionic display opened up browser, went to ebay and found the same exact 3 piece kit for $4.25 shipped. They had nothing to say and ofcourse didn't pay me losing the bet so I just walked out of the store laughing in their faces.

Made my day!

The customer is always wrong.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
FML. I'm not waiting any longer than I have to. Looks like I'm stuck purchasing at VZW store.

Thanks!

enjoy all those extra fees if you are early upgrading you need to pay $20 bucks plus the tax on the full price of the phone.Good things come to those who wait.

Danielsan

Reaction score
Sales is a great job. Yes, you do need to strike up a conversation and figure out what the customer really needs. The good sales people have a passion for helping others and yes it pays the bills, and more. We can all identify sales people like you and when we find them.... RUN!! All sales people should know they're product and be passionate about it. If you're not, you're selling the wrong product. Good luck, you'll need it.

Coming from my personal experience in the industry, you're 100% right and these reps that have the passion are the ones that build up the rapport with customers who in turn will bring in their friends only further helping the sales reps pay checks /endrunonsentence. Too many people want instant gratification and completely dismiss the idea of laying down some foundation when building a customer base.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Coming from my personal experience in the industry, you're 100% right and these reps that have the passion are the ones that build up the rapport with customers who in turn will bring in their friends only further helping the sales reps pay checks /endrunonsentence. Too many people want instant gratification and completely dismiss the idea of laying down some foundation when building a customer base.

This thinking is correct but sadly company's that pay buy commission are slowly forcing there employees to do away with it with unrealistic pressuring sales goals and they will fire employee after employee until they build a perfect team.There are thousands of people out of work now so people that would normally take 10% commission are now settling for 1% and its ridicules the only people this rescission is hurting is the customers and sales staff and its sad.

mykesorrel

Reaction score
This thinking is correct but sadly company's that pay buy commission are slowly forcing there employees to do away with it with unrealistic pressuring sales goals and they will fire employee after employee until they build a perfect team.There are thousands of people out of work now so people that would normally take 10% commission are now settling for 1% and its ridicules the only people this rescission is hurting is the customers and sales staff and its sad.

Yea, i use to work at T-Mobile and i was pissed because when i got hired they got rid of the old commission and introduced "team commission", i don't know the specifics (no one went into details), but my friend told me she use to make 2,000 or more on a paycheck, shoot this girl who is a model (use to work with me at T-mobile) said she used to make 4,000 or more per commission that's excluding base pay. With Team commission she was only banking like 1,500. Funny part is, with sales all that technical crap goes out the window and i learned the hard way, customers look at you funny when you go into geek mode. That was my down fall most of the time (other times was she was so friggin' gorgeous she could smile at a male and they would sign up), but overall i loved working there until i started taking a lot of classes.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
Technicians are out of VZW stores nationwide. All replaced by CSR's and RSR's, so those sales reps now have to take on the roles of sales, tech, and customer service. They have ALOT more responsibility and would rather not "BS" with someone now when the customers only intention is to prospect. I consider myself to be one of those people who get's extremely excited about phones and nerd talk so really who you get in the stores is a roll of the dice (usually not in your favor). Btw, don't get the franchised retail stores mixed up with the corporate stores; I've found the authorized retailers to know the least of the possible locations.

There are customers that will sit there and talk your ear off for hours getting you stuck and its very hard to not be rude and get rid of them so you can make sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Technicians are out of VZW stores nationwide. All replaced by CSR's and RSR's, so those sales reps now have to take on the roles of sales, tech, and customer service. They have ALOT more responsibility and would rather not "BS" with someone now when the customers only intention is to prospect. I consider myself to be one of those people who get's extremely excited about phones and nerd talk so really who you get in the stores is a roll of the dice (usually not in your favor). Btw, don't get the franchised retail stores mixed up with the corporate stores; I've found the authorized retailers to know the least of the possible locations.

Come to my store, ill change your mind about "dumb authorized retailers"

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Costco's return policy is the deal, 90 days!!! returning the bionic for the nexus

Greetings from Costco.com.

I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your purchase from Wireless Advocates. You may return the product(s) with all kitted accessories, box, and instructions, in like-new condition within 90 days of the purchase date.

Please return the device to a Costco store. You have 14 days from date of purchase to have contract reversed. Your phone was purchased on 9/8/11 so your contract will not be reversed.

For your reference, here is a link to the return policy on our website: