2.0 Theme or rom issues or requests post here.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
fix 1

So, just what exactly does Fix #1 do? I ran it like you said to and completely lost all network connections (data, voice, everything).

I have had to revert back to a different ROM, but was just wondering so that I can try to figure out what the heck just happened.

Kratos

deltes 2 scripts out of the sys inti.d folder would have no affect on connection what so ever. that is controled by the radio. there is no way these 2 are related. coincidence obviously but not related.

kratos

Reaction score
So, just what exactly does Fix #1 do? I ran it like you said to and completely lost all network connections (data, voice, everything).

I have had to revert back to a different ROM, but was just wondering so that I can try to figure out what the heck just happened.

Kratos

deltes 2 scripts out of the sys inti.d folder would have no affect on connection what so ever. that is controled by the radio. there is no way these 2 are related. coincidence obviously but not related.

Very weird!! I think I am going to flash 2.0 fresh with a full wipe and then try script 1 and see if that works.

Thanks for the info.

Kratos

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just redownbload

Kratos

Very weird!! I think I am going to flash 2.0 fresh with a full wipe and then try script 1 and see if that works.

Thanks for the info.

Kratos

redownload those scripts are not in the version for download anymore

donerico

Reaction score
Black & Bold Issue

I am sure this has been discussed before, but have read the whole thread and cannot find a mention:
I am using the Black n Bold theme. Everything seems to work fine with the exception of the incoming call screen, the slider in this screen is shifted to the left. I have seen this in other ROMS. I am wondering if there is a fix for Sourcery's B&B

KaliniuS

Reaction score
I am sure this has been discussed before, but have read the whole thread and cannot find a mention:
I am using the Black n Bold theme. Everything seems to work fine with the exception of the incoming call screen, the slider in this screen is shifted to the left. I have seen this in other ROMS. I am wondering if there is a fix for Sourcery's B&B

I'm experiencing this too. Very annoying considering the rest of the theme looks so good. Any ideas on if it can be fixed, anyone?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It was said to be redraws that caused this problem but I will check the theme later today to ensure that, that is the problem

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha I'm flattered although I haven't done anything that great to deserve that I don't think ha

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yea just took a look at the phone.apk from black n bold seems like every image in there is a true 9 patch that is they all had the black lines around the images once decompiled. So that means it's most likely a redraw which happens when you don't have much system memory or whatever there are some articles on the web but it's a weird thing really

Tyrone30

Reaction score
Sourcery 2.2 / wifi issues

I just downloaded Sourcery 2.2. I wiped data and cache but I do not have wifi now. Is there a fix?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Never had a report of wifi not working maybe just something weird going on have u done a reboot and tried again?

KaliniuS

Reaction score
So that means it's most likely a redraw which happens when you don't have much system memory or whatever there are some articles on the web but it's a weird thing really

I've cleaned up my phone's internal memory as much as possible (usually around 100 MB free) but still encounter this problem. I think initializing an incoming call taxes the Droid quite a bit because the whole phone seems to slow down drastically and the animation to "unlock" the phone call is jerky. Maybe I need to free up even more space.

When it comes to services, I usually have about 35 MB free. I cannot seem to disable the SlideShowWidgetService which uses 3 MB. I don't have a slide show widget so I don't think I need this.

Any ideas on how I can further improve performance?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea that i think is a good idea as well chizzele i also just got go launcher yesterday and i don't know what the hell those developers did but wow my phone has zero lag the thing runs faster than i can ever imagine now much better than any home replacement i've ever used and it has more customizing abilities than any thing i've seen it's a bit like the miui launcher but just blazing quick and so many features i'm still in aww at how great it is. I've used a lot of homes as well like ADW, launcher2, launcherpro, livehome etc but still amazed definately recommend giving that a try

KaliniuS

Reaction score
Did you lock your home app into system memory, after doing that i never get any redraw.

Well, the home screen never redraws anymore (I just followed people's advice about uninstalling Advanced Task Manager) with the exception of going to the browser, loading a page and returning to the home screen.

Silly question: How do I lock an app into system memory?