2.0 Theme or rom issues or requests post here.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Love the rom guys. Today was the first time I didn't receive a sms from my wife and she didn't get one of mine. I think I've read about this in another forum, but couldn't find it. Any ideas why would appreciated. Longest run on one rom ever and love it. Tia

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Was that a SMS or MMS ?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
sms

Which carrier are you and your wife using.. ?
My wife is on att and i'm with big red, it happened a couple of times that we lost a text but i always blamed it on the crappy att. If you are both on Verizon, i'm not sure why it would happen.

There are so many variables. The area you were in, reception, packet loss, sms app, and more.

nornevrder

Reaction score
I am going to be totally honest I have had gb fever and have been running lgb and ud3.0 for the last week or so. I did however root and install my wifes phone with sourcery cause in my opinion it is really stable and a rom I can trust not screwing up when I am at work for 2 wks. So far it has been flawless and she loves it. Thanx again for the great work guys.

Well im the exact opposite. everytime i see gingerbread my temp drops.

Its really funny actually. major problems are blown off as i can deal with it.

But there 20 posts here that the scrolling sourcery cuts off the s when it first appears :)
To be honest the only problem I have had is dsp manager and not being able to record in low/mms video.

kratos

Reaction score
The only issue I ran into was that about 13-15 hours after flashing it, my became extremely laggy. I am using a Slayher LV 1.1GHz kernel and don't have any problems with that kernel on any other ROM.

I love the ROM, but had to revert to my tried and true, for the time being at least. But, it was taking 20-30 seconds to open apps, the phone became unresponsive multiple times for 1-2 minutes at a time and it continued this even after reboots, battery pulls, etc.

I made a nandroid and plan to revert to that when the next release comes. Hopefully the next release will take care of it.

Again, I really like this ROM! It is a very well build ROM and (without the lag I got) is one of the best yet.

Kratos

Kratos did you do the fix 1. there were some things that were screwy with some stuff i did to get goggles woriking with slayhers kernels. and it caused some other problems so you can try fix 1 and see if it helps. but remember we are pushing this droid to the limits with poor memory availble. a reboot may help but i havent had that issue of slow down so try fix 1 . Other than that or occasional reboot im not sure whats happening. if you come to irc we might be able to help more.
thanks for trying it out

I have not. I will try that today and let you know what happens...

Kratos

PARick

Reaction score
The only issue I ran into was that about 13-15 hours after flashing it, my became extremely laggy. I am using a Slayher LV 1.1GHz kernel and don't have any problems with that kernel on any other ROM.

I love the ROM, but had to revert to my tried and true, for the time being at least. But, it was taking 20-30 seconds to open apps, the phone became unresponsive multiple times for 1-2 minutes at a time and it continued this even after reboots, battery pulls, etc.

I made a nandroid and plan to revert to that when the next release comes. Hopefully the next release will take care of it.

Again, I really like this ROM! It is a very well build ROM and (without the lag I got) is one of the best yet.

Kratos

Kratos did you do the fix 1. there were some things that were screwy with some stuff i did to get goggles woriking with slayhers kernels. and it caused some other problems so you can try fix 1 and see if it helps. but remember we are pushing this droid to the limits with poor memory availble. a reboot may help but i havent had that issue of slow down so try fix 1 . Other than that or occasional reboot im not sure whats happening. if you come to irc we might be able to help more.
thanks for trying it out

I have not. I will try that today and let you know what happens...

Kratos

This made a huge difference for me. Helped alot!

frankdtank

Reaction score
Can we get a transparent news and weather widget on a later release? It'd be sweet if you could add the custom background to that app.

nornevrder

Reaction score
So my wife has been running it for a little over a week now. One thing she has said to me that it seems that her phone has slowed down/ laggy a lot. She only has 3 widgets bw,fb,and jorte calendar. It is the stock kernal. Any suggestions on how I can speed it up.

Sent From The Final Frontier

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
did you do fix 1

So my wife has been running it for a little over a week now. One thing she has said to me that it seems that her phone has slowed down/ laggy a lot. She only has 3 widgets bw,fb,and jorte calendar. It is the stock kernal. Any suggestions on how I can speed it up.

Sent From The Final Frontier

did you do fix 1

LdaSense420

Reaction score
my market keeps FC'ing...i tried intalling experimental app 3 but it still doesnt work.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
my market keeps FC'ing...i tried intalling experimental app 3 but it still doesnt work.

Prior to it starting to force close.

nothing...i installed soucery 2.0 with the inception theme and my market started force closing. i read on page 6 or 7 of this thread to try the experimental app3 but it still does the same thing.

no Restoration with titanium or anything?

try another theme ill have gflam look into that theme.

kratos

Reaction score
So, just what exactly does Fix #1 do? I ran it like you said to and completely lost all network connections (data, voice, everything).

I have had to revert back to a different ROM, but was just wondering so that I can try to figure out what the heck just happened.

Kratos