1 day of owning and scratches/tears on the sides?

tassadar898

Reaction score
Having owned the droid for one day I already have a scratch on the plastic/metal? the side where you plug in the USB. Underneath there are a bunch of scribbles when I tried to plug it in the dark. Also the rubber on the back of the device... the rubber strip that is on top of the camera also has a noticeable tear. I have done nothing to the device except keep it in a clean pocket that had nothing else in it. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Seems like solid build quality with the internal hardware well protected but I worry it can easily be cosmetically damaged.

andjarnic

Reaction score
I've not seen these issues. Only thing I notice is my battery cover comes off easily when it's in my pocket..but I did buy a leather case for it. Since it won't snap in to the dock or the window car dock with one of the plastic covers that fits around it, I opted for a leather case.

mjs31

Reaction score
Having owned the droid for one day I already have a scratch on the plastic/metal? the side where you plug in the USB. Underneath there are a bunch of scribbles when I tried to plug it in the dark. Also the rubber on the back of the device... the rubber strip that is on top of the camera also has a noticeable tear. I have done nothing to the device except keep it in a clean pocket that had nothing else in it. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Seems like solid build quality with the internal hardware well protected but I worry it can easily be cosmetically damaged.

Wow...not the smallest of marks on mine and I tend to toss it on a table etc.

jismail

Reaction score
I had the paint chip around the sharp edged ridge surroundig the LCD. not very durable paint.... :(

bamfsig45

Reaction score
wow Ive not heard of this. Mine is in mint condition, of course I am OCD when it comes to my phone. Get a hard case to protect it.

keiichi25

Reaction score

It seems you are rather rough on your phone. I have mine in my pocket and no scratches or dings and I got mine the day it came out. I don't even have a case or carrying holster so far.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Mine looks as good as the day i bought it but then again im careful with it.

sir

Reaction score
stabbing your new phone in the dark with a metal micro-usb (read: shard corners and edges) tip is most likely the cause of your scratches.

You can remedy this by turning the light on and plugging the cable in before turning off the lights.