thunderbolt issues! (BIG issues)

mnarcher

Reaction score
well, my brother and myself both have the new htc thunderbolt. we have had them for 11 days now, and both have had constant issues.

they both keep going fron 3G down to 1X, and just while sitting here at home they go from 3 or 4 bars to NONE at all and saying no service. (we do not have 4G LTE anywhere near here at all)

so should i try to return it and get a different phone, like a fascinate or droid x?

on mine, when ever i am on the phone, people are constantly saying they cant hear me talking hardly at all.

one issue i see, and this is purely cosmetic, but where the charger plugs in, the little "prongs" that stick up to hold the charger have started scratching the plastic when removing the plug in. thats a poor design there. that should be all metal in there, but this is all cosmetic, nothing more nothing less. I am mainly concerned about the issues above.

Sherry

Reaction score
So sorry you are having trouble with your TB. I love mine and have had no problems. You might want to take it back and get another to try before you consider a different phone.

jr313

Reaction score
So sorry you are having trouble with your TB. I love mine and have had no problems. You might want to take it back and get another to try before you consider a different phone.
Thats what i would do also and after the update u will see a BIG difference in reception and battery life...i upgraded my phone with the leaked RUU and personally ive cn a defference in my battery life for the good and reception also so just try and wait it out, get an exchange and wait for the update...

OP
M

mnarcher

Reaction score
My last day to return/exchange this phone was thursday (4/20/11) and if i would have got another thunderbolt and still had issues, i would have been out of luck if that did not work for me. my 14 days would not start over at the time of getting a different phone. the only 14 days i get is starting from the day i upgraded and got the original phone. i decided to opt for the droid x. now all i need to do is figure out a good cover for it.

TJF2011

Reaction score
Good call, i miss my droid x... Im having huge thunderbolt issues, such as freezing, connectivity issues even with wifi going... Vzw promises me a "certified like new" phone will work flawless... I know better.. Ive had 8 certified like new ones starting from the droid 1... Any know how to fix all these problems.. Let me know.. Already done the reboot

Cornmastah

Reaction score
the big problem I have with my t bolt is the texting screen when I pull I up my messages and type the letters don't go in some times and I have to mess with it for like a minute and its annoying because IM trying to text fast anybody else have this problem?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TJF2011

Reaction score
the big problem I have with my t bolt is the texting screen when I pull I up my messages and type the letters don't go in some times and I have to mess with it for like a minute and its annoying because IM trying to text fast anybody else have this problem?

Ive recently been having the same issue

Cornmastah

Reaction score
and I can't call sometimes it wont let me type in numbers

TJF2011

Reaction score
and I can't call sometimes it wont let me type in numbers

Verizon should be releasing a software update that will fix all these issues.. my suggestion would be .. download "phone info" off of the market and switch from cdma+4gLTE to just plain cdma until the update