Verizon holster + kickstand case WARNING

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So I bought the Droid X holster + kickstand from my local Verizon store yesterday, was told it works with the extended battery, and left with, at the time, the most BA case in the entire world.

Today I took my X out of the holster, and in doing so scratched off the soft touch paint on the left side of the top and bottom rubber plates, where the speaker/LED notification light and mic are respectively.

Now I tested taking it out without the extended battery cover, still scratches it. And if you insist upon using the extended battery cover, it'll put extra pressure on the kickstand, so when you slide it in and out it rubs on the plastic of the holster, and you see plastic come off every time you wanna watch a movie.

And while I'm at it, the screen protectors Verizon sells for the Droid X- waste of money too, wasted all three and I couldn't get one one right...

All in all, the case is beautiful and had great potential, but if you want the case to do what the name implies- protect your phone- keep looking, because extended battery or not, this thing will probably scratch your phone more than protect it. And since my phone is already damaged, no sense in case hunting any further to protect it, I'm keeping it naked, because protecting a damaged (even simple cosmetic damage) in my opinion, is pointless.

And to those of you who have this case for the X, vouch for me, back me up, because who's gonna believe one person?

AndroidGuyIsMe

Reaction score
I hate the case. I have it without the extended battery... The case is a waste of money. To take out the kickstand you need something metal (I fricken broke off my nail trying to take it out) plus the top of my case wont snap on. I have many cases and I take GREAT care of all of them. Crappy case. I do like the High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover though. You can try that I made a review on it right on this homepage.

cpjr

Reaction score
Ive always gone naked, and my phone still looks like brand new. I always throw it in my pocket. And screen protectors are a waste of money, Ive never used one and Ive also never scratched a screen.

AndroidGuyIsMe

Reaction score
Ive always gone naked, and my phone still looks like brand new. I always throw it in my pocket. And screen protectors are a waste of money, Ive never used one and Ive also never scratched a screen.

Just a suggestion a great case is the High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover... I have a review on it right on the recent adds. Also it feels like your phone is naked its very thin. Anyway I would love to go naked but im too clumsy. With my case and screen protecter it looks right out of the box