What Holster Do You Use With Extended Battery?

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just got my Motorola Extended Battery and I was able to fit over it the verizon rubber cover, though, the verizon belt holster that I bought along with my verizon phone cover is

What do all of you use as a belt holster for your Droid X with the extended battery ? I do not like to put my phone in my pocket, I rather have it clipped to the side of my belt...

Thanks !

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have the extended battery from VZW and my X still fits nicely in this pouch (also rec'd from VZW)...and I also have the soft silicone cover on the X...

smalltowngirl13-albums-accessories-picture691t-verizon-pouch-front-view.jpg

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you have a picture of the pouch that you are talking about ?

I have the holster that has a belt clip from verizon. I like that one because it is easily accessible plus you can feel the phone better when someone is calling/txting you when its on vibrate than in your pocket IMO. Though like I mentioned before because of the extended battery, the verizon phone cover still fits over the slight bulge but doesnt fit all the way in the holster...

I have the extended battery from VZW and my X still fits nicely in this pouch (also rec'd from VZW)...and I also have the soft silicone cover on the X...

smalltowngirl13-albums-accessories-picture691t-verizon-pouch-front-view.jpg

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am guessing my picture didn't come thru on my previous post, I hope these will.

61ba5189-6f0a-8ccb.jpg

61ba5189-6f32-cc78.jpg

61ba5189-6f5f-dbc8.jpg

Sent from my Droid X

georgepink

Reaction score
I am guessing my picture didn't come thru on my previous post, I hope these will.

61ba5189-6f0a-8ccb.jpg

61ba5189-6f32-cc78.jpg

61ba5189-6f5f-dbc8.jpg

Sent from my Droid X

I use this as well, plus a rubberized cover....nice snug fit and I don't have to worry <too much> of my 'clumsiness'.

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Looks high quality. I wish there was an actual holster where you can just 'clip' your phone in place instead of a pouch for easier accessibility. Before I got my extended battery I used the verizon plastic holster where you just clip on your droidx.

Sasquatched

Reaction score
I don't understand, what is wrong with the plastic clip holster from verizon. It is a face in design so the extended battery has zero effect on it. Also if finesse it you can also put it in with the display facing out too. You just lose fi
function of your camera button and the access to the charger port.
The shell/holster combo fits as well its just a little tighter.
The Platinum series case/holster combo from bestbuy is also a good one and fits well. Its 35 bucks and is made by Seidio (same combo they sell on their site for 50 bucks) just it says PT on it instead of Seidio

Sasquatched

Reaction score
I don't understand, what is wrong with the plastic clip holster from verizon. It is a face in design so the extended battery has zero effect on it. Also if finesse it you can also put it in with the display facing out too. You just lose fi
function of your camera button and the access to the charger port.
The shell/holster combo fits as well its just a little tighter.
The Platinum series case/holster combo from bestbuy is also a good one and fits well. Its 35 bucks and is made by Seidio (same combo they sell on their site for 50 bucks) just it says PT on it instead of Seidio

SID KELLY

Reaction score
I'm using the plastic clip holster with my D2 and very well satisfied. I HAD a DINC w/ the 'clamshell' holster (had cover for the back and then clipped into the other part on the belt) but lost the phone when I was putting my 2y/o grand-daughter on my left hip-----Luckily someone found the phone and it eventually made its way to the local pd where I lost it and I was called to pick it up. I started carrying the DINC in my pocket after that!!!!!!!

jaben2

Reaction score
I had the shell holster combo from verizon. It worked for a little while. However the small cover part that went around the charger ports snapped off. The phone itself didn't fit just right in it.

Jamb

Reaction score
I bought the Shell/Holster combo from verizon glad too,i dropped phone twice and not a scratch or any damage. Fits nice and snugg and I charge it while DX is in the case .

jaben2

Reaction score
I bought the Shell/Holster combo from verizon glad too,i dropped phone twice and not a scratch or any damage. Fits nice and snugg and I charge it while DX is in the case .

Yup it is a nice case. Until you add the extended battery. It may have been okay for a while. However I took it out every night to put it in the desktop charger.

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
I have the shell holster combo from Verizon and loved until i got the extended battery which was the best investment i made for the X. Now i just need to protect it. Thats why i don't want just the holster. Is there a shell/holster combo designed for the extended battery???

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
I have the shell holster combo from Verizon and loved until i got the extended battery which was the best investment i made for the X. Now i just need to protect it. Thats why i don't want just the holster. Is there a shell/holster combo designed for the extended battery???

This is exactly what i am looking for.

1) A case SPECIFICALLY made for the Motorola extended battery

2) A belt clip holster (you slide the phone into the holster, not a pouch) SPECIFICALLY made to hold the phone with extended battery WITH a case on.

^^^ I don't think there is such a combo unfortunately...

I bought the pouch the one pictured in this thread.... Its not as convenient as the holster where you just slide your phone in....

Sasquatched

Reaction score

My favorite set up that i am using right now is the shell/holster combo, but instead of the shell, using the high gloss silicone. It seems to slide into the holster better than the shell that came with it. Plus gives better protection!