What Holster Do You Use With Extended Battery?

Sasquatched

Reaction score
And it works great with the extended battery on! That's how i am using right now

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
This is very interesting. So you are using a silicone shell over your extended battery and fits perfectly plus you can slide it in your holster with ease just like if you didnt have the extended battery ?

Do you have a picture of the silicone cover that your talking about ?

My favorite set up that i am using right now is the shell/holster combo, but instead of the shell, using the high gloss silicone. It seems to slide into the holster better than the shell that came with it. Plus gives better protection![/QUOTE]

Sasquatched

Reaction score
This is very interesting. So you are using a silicone shell over your extended battery and fits perfectly plus you can slide it in your holster with ease just like if you didnt have the extended battery ?

It is the high gloss silicone cover offered from verizon. I don't have a picture of it but it is on their website. mine fits perfectly fine with my extended battery, i have read on here that some people report the opening where the usb and hdmi port are is a little bent oddly, but it doesn't really affect any part of it.
I am using it in conjunction with the holster part of the verizon shell/holster combination, since the shell part doesnt fit as well with the extended battery.
And yes, it slides in and out of the holster perfectly fine, its smoother sliding than the shell that comes with it, probably because it is silicone versus plastic.
Ill see if i can get some pictures of it later one when I am back home...

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Thats good to know because with the shell over the extended battery you have to use 2 hands to slide it in and out of the holster because its so tight. Glad to know this is a solution...

It is the high gloss silicone cover offered from verizon. I don't have a picture of it but it is on their website. mine fits perfectly fine with my extended battery, i have read on here that some people report the opening where the usb and hdmi port are is a little bent oddly, but it doesn't really affect any part of it.
I am using it in conjunction with the holster part of the verizon shell/holster combination, since the shell part doesnt fit as well with the extended battery.
And yes, it slides in and out of the holster perfectly fine, its smoother sliding than the shell that comes with it, probably because it is silicone versus plastic.
Ill see if i can get some pictures of it later one when I am back home...

Sasquatched

Reaction score
Thats good to know because with the shell over the extended battery you have to use 2 hands to slide it in and out of the holster because its so tight. Glad to know this is a solution...

It is with my phone at least. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone, because some people report some fitment issues with the hg silicone cover while mine fits on my phone 100% fine. The clear plastic case and the platinum case also fit good with my phone and slide well with that holster. The shell/holster is the best 20 bucks i spent at verizon, because it can hold my phone with almost any of the numerous cases i have purchased. i believe you said you already have that holster, i recommend trying it out with any other cases. if the silicone turns out to not fit perfectly for you, try some of the hard covers, you could always test them out in the VZ store before purchasing (they always let me no problems). Just a simple recommendation! I have the clip holster that comes with the platinum case that works with lots of the other cases, but my favorite holster is def the slide one that comes with the combo

littlerick

Reaction score
why not just use the original back with the extended battery? thats what i do and its fits in all my cases since there is no change in size

Sasquatched

Reaction score
why not just use the original back with the extended battery? thats what i do and its fits in all my cases since there is no change in size

That is an option with some people. Some report it puts pressure on their screen that adds 'water spots'. It works with a couple of my cases, the shell part of the shell/ combo sets its off pretty bad on my phone, the entire middle of my phone shows a huge pressure 'blob' when that it on it with the regular back. Esp people that live in hot areas, when the battery gets warmer it needs room to expand, if the regular back is on, it pushed against the back of the screen. I haven't seen any reports of permanent damage from it, but i bet its possible.

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
I read some people on here did it but there HAS to be a reason why verizon made a slightly bigger battery cover. They wouldn't spend all this money making this if the original cover can fit properly without the RISK of doing some damage internally.... Though believe me if there was no risk the original battery cover would be on my phone already...

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
You brought up a good point about trying it out at the verizon store to see if it would fit in my holster... Thanks.

It is with my phone at least. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone, because some people report some fitment issues with the hg silicone cover while mine fits on my phone 100% fine. The clear plastic case and the platinum case also fit good with my phone and slide well with that holster. The shell/holster is the best 20 bucks i spent at verizon, because it can hold my phone with almost any of the numerous cases i have purchased. i believe you said you already have that holster, i recommend trying it out with any other cases. if the silicone turns out to not fit perfectly for you, try some of the hard covers, you could always test them out in the VZ store before purchasing (they always let me no problems). Just a simple recommendation! I have the clip holster that comes with the platinum case that works with lots of the other cases, but my favorite holster is def the slide one that comes with the combo[/QUOTE]

Karlac

Reaction score
I have the shell holster combo from Verizon and loved until i got the extended battery which was the best investment i made for the X. Now i just need to protect it. Thats why i don't want just the holster. Is there a shell/holster combo designed for the extended battery???

Like you, I really like the VZW shell holster combo, but it simply did not work with the extended battery cover without a two handed crowbar.

A kludge was to remove the extended battery cover and put the shell back on without it. Sans battery cover, the shell covered DX slides back into the holster smoothly, as intended.

Been keeping a close watch to see if there is a downside, but the case pretty well seals the back and unless heat or dirt become an issue ...

We'll see ...

Karlac

Reaction score
... if the silicone turns out to not fit perfectly for you, try some of the hard covers, you could always test them out in the VZ store before purchasing (they always let me no problems). Just a simple recommendation! I have the clip holster that comes with the platinum case that works with lots of the other cases, but my favorite holster is def the slide one that comes with the combo

Tried out the high gloss silicone case. It fit fine by itself with the extended battery on, but I could not get the phone into the holster with that combo ... waaay too tight, and the silicone did not slide easily against the built-in screen protector inside the holster.

As with the regular case that comes with VZW's case/holster combo, and without the battery cover on, the hg case works fine in the holster ... just a tad tighter than the regular case, but without a struggle to get the phone out.

I decided to keep the hg silicone cover because it does provide a much better seal, and offers more protection from dust to the battery compartment when running without a battery cover.

Until other cases for the Dx running with an extended battery come out, this is the best solution for me using the holster I prefer ... YMMV

OP
S

SOLO1

Reaction score
Hi Karlac,

Thanks for the post.. Just to be sure what you wrote,

1) You are using the silicone case WITHOUT the extended battery cover

2) And because of what I just said, you can fit your phone in the verizon holster because of this? (with silicone cover on phone).

Thanks

... if the silicone turns out to not fit perfectly for you, try some of the hard covers, you could always test them out in the VZ store before purchasing (they always let me no problems). Just a simple recommendation! I have the clip holster that comes with the platinum case that works with lots of the other cases, but my favorite holster is def the slide one that comes with the combo

Tried out the high gloss silicone case. It fit fine by itself with the extended battery on, but I could not get the phone into the holster with that combo ... waaay too tight, and the silicone did not slide easily against the built-in screen protector inside the holster.

As with the regular case that comes with VZW's case/holster combo, and without the battery cover on, the hg case works fine in the holster ... just a tad tighter than the regular case, but without a struggle to get the phone out.

I decided to keep the hg silicone cover because it does provide a much better seal, and offers more protection from dust to the battery compartment when running without a battery cover.

Until other cases for the Dx running with an extended battery come out, this is the best solution for me using the holster I prefer ... YMMV

Karlac

Reaction score
Thanks for the post.. Just to be sure what you wrote,

1) You are using the silicone case WITHOUT the extended battery cover

2) And because of what I just said, you can fit your phone in the verizon holster because of this? (with silicone cover on phone).

IIRC, it was your post which caused me to try the high gloss silicone cover with the extended battery and extended battery cover?

I appreciate that information, BTW, so I tried it.

Answer to both #1 AND #2 above are both "yes".

Hope this clarifies ... :)