FYI, the Verizon Swivel Holster sucks!

vtek63

Reaction score
I got my X and the Verizon swivel holster and I must say that it is subpar.

It is hard to get the phone into and out of the holster with one hand (maybe only for right handed folks) because of the holster design.

The design of the holster also pushes on the buttons of the X when you put it into the holster. This turns the screen on because it pushed the home button and then it also does a voice search because there seems to be a bug where even if the phone is locked, the search button still works.

The swivel part on the belt clip of the holster also makes a loud clicking noise on each angle when you rotate it. very annoying.

anyone know of another swivel holster on the market for the X? I know seidio has one in the works, but it isn't out yet. only concern i have with the seidio one is that it looks like the spring clip is right in the middle of the phone, which makes it easier to take out of the holster with one hand, but that is also where the power button is. i wonder if it will get in the way?

Last edited:

supahrob

Reaction score
That sucks man. But I just checked my DX, and the search button doesn't work on mine when the screen is locked, so it may be an issue with your DX.

Take care,
Rob

OP
V

vtek63

Reaction score
did you try it with the phone locked, but the screen on? thats the only time it happens on mine. it doesn't work if the screen is off.

hold down the search button for a couple of seconds and say then say something. when you unlock the phone it will show the search screen. at least thats what happens with mine.

Yourrid

Reaction score
IDK what you guys are talking about. I've had mine for a week and this thing is the best holster ive ever had. It took me about 3 days of heavy usage before it became easy to pull out. Now it takes a gentile tug and it slips right out.

I have yet to experience any buttons being pushed.

You're more than welcome to mail your holster to me if you don't want it :biggrin:

cray

Reaction score
I have had one for 5 days and so far so good. Is it what I want? NO It will do until someone comes out with a leather case that I like.

ylimehajile

Reaction score
Yourrid - I'm right there with ya. After a few days of break in the holster works well. No button press issues. Coming from a BB this holster is nicer than anything I had previously. Maybe my standards are sub-par :icon_eek:

The only issue I have with it is there is no hole for charging. You have to take the phone out to charge it. How stupid is that!

antnyh

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the fact that the holster sucks. if you think it is good then you must have never had a Seidio case. I will be getting one once they are released. In the meantime I bought the body glove from Verizon. You can check out the review. it is probably just a few posts down from this one. It adds a little bulk but very nice overall and a lot better than the one from Verizon.

50calal

Reaction score
I've never had a Seidio case but after a couple days breaking mine I'm fairly satisfied with the quality of he case. Keeps the screen facing in so it's a little more protected and the release mehanism seems pretty robust. I have to agree that if you are left hand and wear it on your left it would seem a little more difficult to manage.

I've had mine since I got my DX on release day and haven't had any incidental button pressing while removing/inserting the phone into the holster.

I'm sure there are better cases out there (there is always somehing better going to come out) but I'm liking the Verzon case.

Santee

Reaction score
lol i've known that ever since I bought one for this phone back in 2003.
6728_MotImage.jpg

Reaction score
IDK what you guys are talking about. I've had mine for a week and this thing is the best holster ive ever had. It took me about 3 days of heavy usage before it became easy to pull out. Now it takes a gentile tug and it slips right out.

I have yet to experience any buttons being pushed.

You're more than welcome to mail your holster to me if you don't want it :biggrin:
Same here, I love the Verizon holster. Guess it's just a matter of perspective.

wade234

Reaction score
Return

I will be returning mine. It is hard to get in and out of without using both hands. The plastic is so thin it feels like it is going to snap when using the spring clip.

jchargu3

Reaction score
my holsters swivel broke, my X hit the seat of my truck, then the running board then the ground

So i epoxied it back together, a week and a half later, it brakes further, this time flush with the pad that makes the swivel

Luckily this time I was parked in grass

I have the shell on it, but will wait for a stronger holster

Jackelbait

Reaction score
I have the same holster and at first it was horrible, to tight .... but after a few "in's and out's " its perfect now, now the case its in i believe is impossible to remove once it slides on your phone lol but the holster and case combo works great.

FFHavoK

Reaction score
I have the verizon case holster combo. I like it a lot. Easy phone access, secure, clip feels sturdy... The look is nice and I've dropped the phone a few times with no damage. Still probably getting the OB when it comes out but not a bad case alternatively.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App