1 800 Flowers……..Guys pay attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Friday morning I ordered a nice arrangement to be delivered to my wife's office in Virginia on Valentines Day. They say their delivery hours are 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. 7:00 pm is late for an office delivery but I figured hey, they know that.

At 3:00 pm on their own tracking I noticed that the order received date was change from 2/11 to 2/13. Not true. No tracking information was available.

I called customer service and was told they were too busy. Try later or send an email. I sent an email, no response received. Clearly in their delivery policy on holidays they were saying that they may not be able to deliver on time! Huh?

This morning I got an email saying my order was being processed and would be delivered "either today or tomorrow." Excuse me, it's Valentines Day not Valentines week.

I called customer service up and after holding for almost an hour got my order cancelled and my paypal account refunded.

I have dealt with many on lines services in flower delivery. FTD on Friday said they did not have Valentines Day available. Good, they let me know right up front. But these people seem to be of the "let's overbook and see what we can get away of thought."

So if you want flowers delivered in a timely manner, stay away from 1 800 Flowers, at least on holidays.

Oh and for my wife's Valentine's day gift? She got an explanation. Thanks for making me look good 1 800 Flowers.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used proflowers many times and have had great results every time. There was once an issue but it wasn't their fault, the area they were trying to deliver them to was snowed in by about 20 inches and they couldn't deliver. They were very nice and said that they would give me a 50% discount on it, and that if the flowers weren't up to my standards that they would then send out another one.

Natey2

Reaction score
Sometimes the luckiest guys are the ones married to women who will agree to do things on the 13th (instead of the 14th, when there is massive stress & chaos everywhere because of Valentine's day).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

bthomp21

Yeah, I use proflowers. the first time was a bad experience but it was fedex's fault, they delivered the flowers and set them standing upside down on my door. I was given a nice credit for that one. This vday, the flowers arrived at my wifes office around 230 and she loved them, couldn't be happier.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
1800Flowers had allways been good to me in the past.. then last year I sent an arangement to my Mom for her bday... Got a confirmation that they were delivered.. but she never got them... Several emails and calls did not get me a refund... Won't be using them again. Used Proflowers once and had no issues...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is why I always order from a local florist.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chuckz28

Reaction score
Mine went through without a hitch. I placed the order 5 days early but I don't know if it helped at all. That will probably be the last time I use them though. 18 dollars for shipping :icon_eek:

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why I always order from a local florist.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Using a local florist is the best idea, but at the time my wife was in Virginia and we live in Ohio.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This is why waiting to the last minute ( the downfall of most men) is a bad idea.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why waiting to the last minute ( the downfall of most men) is a bad idea.

Sent from somewhere...

I ordered the flowers on February 11 at around 9:00 in the morning. Hardly the last minute.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1800 flowers is one of the worst big businesses in the country. The same thing happened to me hook. I was having the flowers delivered to her at work and they showed up after she left (promised at a certain hour..this also was a while ago, not near any holiday) and the flowers had 3 broken stems out of 12. Didn't want to give me a refund, so I had to file a claim on my CC and they finally gave in.

Unacceptable service. The tough thing is, they sometimes use local florists, so how can you guarantee quality if you didn't even make or see the item?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using a local florist is the best idea, but at the time my wife was in Virginia and we live in Ohio.

I can understand, but Google is magic.

True, but I don't like giving out a credit card number over the phone. Now if the local florist has a website that takes paypal, I would be interested in that.

I have used other large flower delivery companies like FTD and telaflora and never had a problem. This was the first to pop up on Googles list so I thought I'd give it a try. Live and learn.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score

Sent from somewhere...

I ordered the flowers on February 11 at around 9:00 in the morning. Hardly the last minute.

Actually next to Mothers day, Valentines Day is the busiest holiday for the Florists. Ordering it on a Friday with a Monday delivery is cutting real close TBO. I'm a UPS driver so I know what can happen. Since Fex Ex/UPS dont have normal working hours on the weekends you basically asked for overnight service.

Sounds like 1-800 Pro overbooked like someone else said, got swamped, and unfortunalely your wife didnt get her gift.

I used Pro Flowers and ordered a week and a half before. My shipping for Valentines Day was an extra $4.99. I checked again on that Friday, (11th) and it was upped to $9.99 in addition to the shipping fee!)

Us men are notorius for waiting at the last minute, i've learned over the years, lol to take care of that stuff early. Just makes things less stressful.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from somewhere...

Actually next to Mothers day, Valentines Day is the busiest holiday for the Florists. Ordering it on a Friday with a Monday delivery is cutting real close TBO. I'm a UPS driver so I know what can happen. Since Fex Ex/UPS dont have normal working hours on the weekends you basically asked for overnight service.

Sounds like 1-800 Pro overbooked like someone else said, got swamped, and unfortunalely your wife didnt get her gift.

I used Pro Flowers and ordered a week and a half before. My shipping for Valentines Day was an extra $4.99. I checked again on that Friday, (11th) and it was upped to $9.99 in addition to the shipping fee!)

Us men are notorius for waiting at the last minute, i've learned over the years, lol to take care of that stuff early. Just makes things less stressful.

But if they overbook that's their problem. Before I made my order I checked FTD and they were closed for Monday deliveries. 1.800.Flowers has customer service working 24/7.

I get your point. But I did call early in the morning as well too. I didn't think there would be an issue.

I got my money back so it's all good. Wife understands. She wouldn't sleep with me this weekend. Do you think……….j/k;)

Status
Not open for further replies.