Can Google create a mail delivery service, also?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel like Google is the only service actually delivering decent service anymore, and it's completely free.

I ordered a jacket last week, and it was to be delivered by USPS on Thursday of last week. I was home all day Thursday last week, and the mailman didn't even deliver mail to my house because of a blizzard that came early that day. I was here all day, I can guarantee he never showed up. I check the delivery status online, and it's showing as "Delivered on Thursday at 2:15 PM". What!? You never even showed up! I call USPS, and they tell me I need to call my local post office at 8:00 AM to speak with my mailbox directly. I call back today at 8:00 AM, and my mailman is off for the day, and I'm told to call him back tomorrow!

First and foremost, what service does that? I've never had someone at any service say that I need to call back at a particular time to speak with someone? How about you give the mailman a message and make it his responsibility to call me? Secondly, how can I prove that nothing was delivered? I wasn't expecting a fight out of this, but I have a $120 jacket stuck in USPS-land.

Seriously, Google, if you're listening, I'm sure you can come up with a better solution. USPS, go out of business. I couldn't care less. My bills are delivered via email, and the only time I actually receive something via USPS is (a) a package (which can obviously be handled properly at UPS) or (b) junk mail.

I woke up early on my day off for this garbage. /rant

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Well, ever since I moved USPS thinks my address doesn't exist. So bring it, Google. I'll pay extra to have them ship it.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to update, I spoke with the mailman who stated he was sure he dropped the package off. However, I still don't believe him because the paper trail is saying it was delivered on a day he admittingly didn't deliver.

That said, Dungarees, the company sending the jacket is sending another jacket via UPS per my request to get away from USPS.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Can Google deliver packages? If they want to they can.
Can they deliver mail? No that's illegal. It's an old law but it's still there. That's why UPS, FEDEX and the other companies only deliver packages.
Just a FYI in case your curious.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Can Google deliver packages? If they want to they can.
Can they deliver mail? No that's illegal. It's an old law but it's still there. That's why UPS, FEDEX and the other companies only deliver packages.
Just a FYI in case your curious.
That's not the only reason.. There is no money in mail delivery. Plus, due to e-mail/electronic mail.. The volume of mail has dropped significantly.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
That's not the only reason.. There is no money in mail delivery. Plus, due to e-mail/electronic mail.. The volume of mail has dropped significantly.
Yep, and that's why UPS and the rest aren't pushing to have that law repealed. If there was money in it that law would be history.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yep, and that's why UPS and the rest aren't pushing to have that law repealed. If there was money in it that law would be history.
I doubt it as it would put too many Postal Workers out of work. The Gov will not let that happen..