1 800 Flowers……..Guys pay attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
hookbill said:
But if they overbook that's their problem.

No...sounds like your problem.

WHEN I was married...my wife and I mad the agreement to do any vday stuff feb 28.... the first 3 weeks of feb are very bad for me as far as work and possible travel. I also don't get too worked up over made up halmark holidays though. I know you probabaly don't, but I've seen guys really get in trouble over vday issues like this. I say, if you have a lady that seems to equate your love with how much you spend on her for vday (and there are women out there that do) then its time to find another lady friend. My wife did get pissed our last vday together....pissed that I was out of town....for work. That isn't what ended our marraige....but it was a signal that she was looking for a reason to justify ending it.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
My boyfriend had flowers sent to me at work. He used a local florist. No problems, and they were pretty. We celebrated Valentine's the weekend of (12 & 13th) to avoid crowds, hassle, etc.

I'd be wary to use a national online thing like 1 800 Flowers on a huge flower holiday.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I can't see wasting money on flowers....

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hookbill said:

WHEN I was married...my wife and I mad the agreement to do any vday stuff feb 28.... the first 3 weeks of feb are very bad for me as far as work and possible travel. I also don't get too worked up over made up halmark holidays though. I know you probabaly don't, but I've seen guys really get in trouble over vday issues like this. I say, if you have a lady that seems to equate your love with how much you spend on her for vday (and there are women out there that do) then its time to find another lady friend. My wife did get pissed our last vday together....pissed that I was out of town....for work. That isn't what ended our marraige....but it was a signal that she was looking for a reason to justify ending it.

No, how is it my problem if they are showing that they can deliver on that date and they don't. Am I suppose to be a mind reader? I did my due diligence, they were showing able to deliver and they couldn't keep their promise.

A lesson learned for sure, but as I said before I have used other floral companies and not had an issue prior to this.

I mean when the people who came to watch the Superbowl and were told they had no seats was that their problem? No, it was the NFL's and they are paying for it through the nose. All I wanted was my money back.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 on the local florist - even if you have to call and set it up from a distance :)

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
hookbill said:

No, how is it my problem if they are showing that they can deliver on that date and they don't. Am I suppose to be a mind reader? I did my due diligence, they were showing able to deliver and they couldn't keep their promise.

A lesson learned for sure, but as I said before I have used other floral companies and not had an issue prior to this.

I mean when the people who came to watch the Superbowl and were told they had no seats was that their problem? No, it was the NFL's and they are paying for it through the nose. All I wanted was my money back.
Its your problem because you had a wife that thought you didn't care enough to send flowers (like every girl in her office got) . You had to smooth it over.....sounds like your problem to me.

And the fact you had to explain anything screams your wife has already bought into this made up holiday. Amazing....you get your wife flowers on the 15th but still look bad...

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its your problem because you had a wife that thought you didn't care enough to send flowers (like every girl in her office got) . You had to smooth it over.....sounds like your problem to me.

And the fact you had to explain anything screams your wife has already bought into this made up holiday. Amazing....you get your wife flowers on the 15th but still look bad...

I love it when a person chirps in their opinion and they obviously haven't read the thread.

1. My wife isn't mad at me at all. Right now she's working in another state. I'd explain why but that's none of your business. I'm not saying that to be rude, it's just a fact.

2. We don't do Valentines Day. So she wasn't expecting anything. I wasn't either and that's what I got.

3. No flowers were ever delivered. If you read the thread you would have seen I got a refund the next day.

All that other stuff was just made up. Now I'm tired of this thread so being a moderator I've decided to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.