Zune (WP7) UI on Droid

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It would be nice if he would go ahead and release it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
That was a while ago. I'm pretty sure he's done eating breakfast by now. I'm glad that he's enjoying time with this family though.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Its up. Everyone should read his tweets though.

Be sure to read this tweets though.

Eric_Murtaugh Eric Murtaugh
App Name: Faded Home Link: http://market.android.com/details?id=Faded.Home (400KB) ok so a little complicated look for next tweet to explain

Ok so I've been having a problem with droping faded home on top of zune so im making it a second app. however im making it .99 till new years, Then it will be 2.99 so everyone who owns or know about faded home can download it cheaper and if you have zune home installed you will Get special addons and surprises for faded home, and just so I don't disappoint im going to drop this (a)n(d) latest version of faded home On top of zune home so those that paid aren't feelin screwed but that might be later tonite, the biggest reason is so I can use my new account and also get comments and reviews that aren't biased towards zune home and are more accurate, thanks everyone

Last edited:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
What a disappointment. It's so buggy that it's unusable. Not to mention I wasted 99 cents on the first one cause I thought that was the one that was going to be updated. Uninstalled and refunded

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
What a disappointment. It's so buggy that it's unusable. Not to mention I wasted 99 cents on the first one cause I thought that was the one that was going to be updated. Uninstalled and refunded

Does anyone actually read on forums?

I have to agree it's quite buggy though.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I read every single word. In order to get it without waiting for him to change the other one I had to pay. Why should the customers who have already paid you have to wait longer? I seriously hope he doesn't think anyone will be paying 2.99 for it.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I read every single word. In order to get it without waiting for him to change the other one I had to pay. Why should the customers who have already paid you have to wait longer? I seriously hope he doesn't think anyone will be paying 2.99 for it.

he said he had problems getting the app up. i dont know how the market and uploading works but something must have happened. and he could be busy too. he is doing this in his free time.

ALSO, to anyone who does get it either now or when zune gets it. Scrolling down the middle doesnt work the greatest, it may seem like its lagging but its not. just move your finger more to the right, im not sure why its doing this.

video to show you what i mean,,
i also thought it was lagging all to hell, but really it isnt.

Cody Clay - so called lag - TwitVid

Last edited:

tu3218

Reaction score
Well I don't really like the idea of having to pay another 99 cents for an app that I already bought before. I know it seems he needed to create another app because it wasn't working over top zune, but a little disappointing. Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if this is worth it or not. I don't want any lag at all in this launcher. As long as its been, there shouldn't be. I think I'm going to have to wait for some more reviews and word from the dev on updates before I drop yet another 99 cents for this dev.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Faded home has come a long way from zune home which was released about 8 months ago. I highly value all the support and patience from my fan base. I do however understand why some of you are upset at realease times and even some of you that like to claim im trying to get over on you, i respect all of your opinions and even if i dont respond i read every forum post, tweet, email, and comment that you guys send. First off if you have issues with myself personally and feel i am trying to get over on you please feel free to email me and i will be glad to get it straightened out Now for some updates and info

A lot of users have noticed faded home is slower than zune home and wonder why, i mean it is just text why is it slow?

well to answer that i wanted to make the app as visually appealing as possible and to accomplish this i needed to approach the "list" idea differetly so i there fore (and this is a bit technical for anyone not familiar with android dev) abandoned the LISTVIEW object and just placed a bunch of TEXTVIEWs in a layout and move them based on touch events, now that is how i accomplished the "elastic scrolling" affect; however, that came with a trade off where the user could not start touching any text/tiles and slide because the objects used an onclick method which directly interfere with the ontouch (to put it simply the screen did not detect touching when you placed your finger on any texts or tiles) i have already come up with a workaround and am busy implimenting it so that you can scroll smoothly nomatter where you first put your finger down.

Another issue causing the slow down is the way each "page" is loaded, i realize now that it will be beneficial to load the apps page and pins page at run time and cache them for each return so you will not see that lagg every time you hit apps, and finally i also realize that using these TEXTVIEW objects can be strenuous on the phone/device when there are a lot (ie the apps list) since i dont use LISTVIEW wich takes care of all the loading of things that are visible, so im also changing the way the text is drawn on the screen from an actual object and making it something thats just draw as a string to the screen wich should SIGNIFIGANTLY improve speed and smoothness

So i am working tirelessly on getting you guys a great product thanks again for all the support and remember i WILL NOT abandon this project for any reason, You guys are my fan base and i will do whatever i can to show my appreciation!

TL: DR - Knows of issues, has a work around, and is implementing them soon.

turdbogls

Reaction score
good to know. i have always loved the Zune UI, so i have this on my phone right now (the original zune Home) and i am awaiting updates. the app looks nice as it is, but is is nice to know you are working on speeding it up.

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah I'm here as well. I love my zune hd and will continue to check back here for updates. I think the main thing is to not have such lengthy waits for updates. Now I'm not a developer and respect everything you guys do, its amazing quite frankly. But that's where a lot of users move on especially when the list of home launchers are exponentially growing at a rapid rate. Also I know you guys have other lives, so completely understandable. Even if it just the basic of the launcher is released and then over time, updates come along. That way you get more feedback from users an therefore the issues can be sorted out quicker and more efficiently. Hopefully this gets worked out :)

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Just to throw this out there again, i am not the dev. I am just passing along info so its all in one place :) The dev has been busy with school and work so he hasnt had a lot of time to work on it unfortunately