Zippo Thread

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone here in the community have interests in zippos or does anyone want to show off their collection? Maybe just ask simple questions you may have on zippos? Here is a place to discuss anything zippo related and feel free to post any pics. Hope everyone can enjoy.

Sent from my Liberated D2

DavesPPC

Reaction score
Love me a zippo...but keep misplacing them. Can't afford a new zippo every month

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha they sure do get expensive if you have to keep replacing them but on the other hand if you keep one zippo for many years it almost pays off to have one. Thats because the task of replacing wicks/flints/fluid is so easy and it sure beats having to always stop at the gas station to pick up a new lighter. Also could be a survival tool although hopefully most zippo owners wont ever need it for that use. Dont forget reliability

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here are my two fav's. you might not be able to tell but the one on the left has "spaz" engraved on it. it used to be very prominent but it was a gift from my girlfriend about three years ago and i've used it pretty much everyday since, so it's definitely faded.

Last edited:
OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well i can defiantly imagine it being faded after 3 years of solid use. Im just kinda starting off my zippo collection but im sure it will steadily grow though. Kinda a zippo newbie lol. Also a invalid link in the pic bro

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tip: once the flints sparking ability fades (once you have used about the flint) take your flint out and flip the flint over so the new end of the flint is facing the flint wheel then insert the flint back in the lighter and replace the screw.

With the new/unstruck side of the flint being against the flint wheel the spark will be more efficient. I just flip the flint over when the flint is about half used. If anyone reads and tries this let me know if you see a bigger spark.

Sent from my Liberated D2