Farming/Gardening Thread

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow you got a little of everything right there. Looks like within a couple years everthing will be producing and have fruits on it too. I know some time has gone into that corner tho. Keeping weeds out is just a constant struggle unless you use a herbicide.

Sent from my Liberated D2

Musto343

Reaction score
I'm attempting to air dry my cayenne peppers this year. Any experience with grinding them up?

---
Musto343

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well since they are cayenne I would store them in vinegar to make a hot vinegar which I use on chicken, pork, or beef that I am bbq'ing. I can always take a pepper or two out and throw it in the sauce. It's worked great for 3 years now. Just straight apple cider vinegar in a jar then pinch off the green caps on the peppers and wash really well. Then just stuff them in the jar. I don't poke holes in the peppers as some do as I find it make the peppers start to fall apart after 3-4months. I can keep using the vinegar for about 8 months or so. That's about how long it takes me to go through all the peppers but when you run out of vinegar in the jar just pour more over the peppers.

I do try to keep the jar full of vinegar and sealed so oxygen/carbon dioxide won't build up and degrade the peppers and make then go bad.

Here is a pic of what I'm talkin about. I got about 2 more jars worth of peppers coming off in about a week.

E8684F74-42F9-4F77-8173-8DCDD2BD08AD-10236-00000A695D51FDD5.jpg

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also welcome to the community! Just saw that. We have many great members and most are willing to offer help to get you through any problems. I hope you enjoy the community and don't be scared to dive right in and make yourself part of the family

-James