Z4 Rooot

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
So I was able to successfully download the file using dolphin browser but when I try to open it using asteroid opener or whatever its called it says something like "your phone does not allow you to download files not from the app store" how do I disable this

jhumbo

Reaction score
^
Go to:
Settings...
Applications...
Unknown Sources <--- check this box

vh5150

Reaction score
I was able to download z4 Root by emailing it to myself and saving to the sd card and installing via astro.

Should I do a temporary or permanent root? I tried to do a temporary root but when I opened Titanium pro to freeze some files (the reason I attempted to root) it gives me a message saying im not rooted. Help!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

rafeee2

Reaction score
I was able to download z4 Root by emailing it to myself and saving to the sd card and installing via astro.

Should I do a temporary or permanent root? I tried to do a temporary root but when I opened Titanium pro to freeze some files (the reason I attempted to root) it gives me a message saying im not rooted. Help!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Temp. root never worked for me. I go with the perm. root right away.

TVJ

Reaction score
Advantage?

Forgive me, guys and gals, for asking what is probably a naive question. But I am new to Droid (long-time Blackberry guy) and I am wondering what are the advantages to "rooting" your phone. What does it do or give you?
Thanks for your input.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Please look in the Droid hacking section. This question has been asked many times :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

trook

Reaction score
Rooting gives you superuser permissions to do about anything to your phone like remove factory installed apps. There are many apps that require root like wifi tether, ad blockers, and a lot of development tools. Also it allows you to run a custom rom which is basically a repackaged os. But its also dangerous because it allows access to system files that if changed could do harm to your phone so be careful. Do plenty of reading before doing anything and you'll be ok.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

lockman

Reaction score
here's another way to get it to your phone, if you're running Google Chrome on your PC, download Chrome to Phone. Put it on your PC from here, and for your phone from here.
Once you do that, you will see a phone in the upper right of your browser. Log into your GMail there, and set your phone to automatically launch from your phone.
Voila! No more having to browse on your phone looking for a DL link.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
You can't download that file to your phone.

I've downloaded and installed apks to my droid pro a few times using Dolphin. I don;t even use Astro. I think I just click on the file after downloading from Dolphin. Maybe it needs to be rooted first.. not sure.

I've never used Dolphin, you could very easily be right. I was passing along instructions I saw from a different forum that evidently work well for the guy trying to install z4root on his Pro. The instructions came from a long time "rooter" and Android user. I guess "there is more than one way to skin a cat":)

I just use Firefox on my PC to download a file to my PC desktop, then transfer it via USB to the root of my SD card, then use any file manager (I prefer Root Explorer) and install the thing. It's never a good idea to try to download a file like this directly to your phone.

-Mike

cananot

Reaction score
Ok so the Droid Pro can be rooted with zroot? Sweet I been wanting to know if it can want to get ride of bloteware but as I been reading there still isnt any custom Roms for it ,bummer..

DroidToro

Reaction score
Ok so the Droid Pro can be rooted with zroot? Sweet I been wanting to know if it can want to get ride of bloteware but as I been reading there still isnt any custom Roms for it ,bummer..

My advice is to get the commercial version of titanium backup and freeze bloatware apps instead of uninstall. You can also manually freeze them but TitBu is worth it for the ease of use. $5. Also read up before doing this as you can screw up your phone by removing seemingly useless apps.

cananot

Reaction score
I do have Titanium backup but you cant freeze camera sound and shutter sounds I only wanna get rid of Blockbuster kindle my verizon mobile and the games I dont play. But I will look and see if I can freeze them