Z4 Rooot

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Thank you but do I download it to my computer or something I don't get it? Because when I tried to download it on my phone it said download unsuccesful

flash24

Reaction score
You load the apk on your phone and then install it using Astro File Manager.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Okay but when I try to download the file on my phone it says download unsuccesful

DroidToro

Reaction score
Try the dolphin browser. Also make sure your droid is configured to allow apk installation from alternate sources besides app store. It's in the settings somewhere.

Sent from my DROID PRO

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Okay but when I try to download the file on my phone it says download unsuccesful

You can't download that file to your phone. Download it to your computer. Connect your phone to your computer via USB. Move the z4root apk to your sd card. With the File Manager app or ASTRO find the file on the sd card and execute it. I think I have this right.

DroidToro

Reaction score
You can't download that file to your phone.

I've downloaded and installed apks to my droid pro a few times using Dolphin. I don;t even use Astro. I think I just click on the file after downloading from Dolphin. Maybe it needs to be rooted first.. not sure.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
You can't download that file to your phone.

I've downloaded and installed apks to my droid pro a few times using Dolphin. I don;t even use Astro. I think I just click on the file after downloading from Dolphin. Maybe it needs to be rooted first.. not sure.

I've never used Dolphin, you could very easily be right. I was passing along instructions I saw from a different forum that evidently work well for the guy trying to install z4root on his Pro. The instructions came from a long time "rooter" and Android user. I guess "there is more than one way to skin a cat":)

rafeee2

Reaction score
I've found the easiest method to be: Download the APK on my PC, email it to my Gmail account, sync my Pro to get the email on it, and then install the APK directly from the Gmail application.
This way I can easily install my essential APKs anytime I need them.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've found the easiest method to be: Download the APK on my PC, email it to my Gmail account, sync my Pro to get the email on it, and then install the APK directly from the Gmail application.
This way I can easily install my essential APKs anytime I need them.
Sounds like a good method to me...like you said...a good way to keep a backup of your APKs and have them available anytime.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Dropbox works well. But you should be able to download straight to your phone...i always have, rooted or not.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

brisk21

Reaction score

You can't download that file to your phone. Download it to your computer. Connect your phone to your computer via USB. Move the z4root apk to your sd card. With the File Manager app or ASTRO find the file on the sd card and execute it. I think I have this right.

I downloaded it directly to my phone. Its now rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I downloaded it directly to my phone. Its now rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Well, I learn something about this phone everyday. I wonder why Sherwood had problems downloading it?