Z4 root issue...

Laniadude

Reaction score
Hey guys.... I recently got the z4 root app and hit the permanent root button... the thing is, I dont see the unroot option... How do I unroot it using z4? I used to be rooted using doroot and unrooted using the terminal app. But I wanted to use the z4 for ease of use... Or so it was supposed to be.. Am I using it wrong? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fordson04

Reaction score
I just did mine tonight the unroot option wont appear until you root the phone and then re enter the program...once you reenter the program the unroot option will be there

OP
L

Laniadude

Reaction score
How long did it take from the time you pushed the root button til completed? When I hit the root button it stayed at the screen where the circle indicator spins in the middle for more than 30 mins... When I hit the home button the superuser app shows in the app drawer... I then went into my terminal and it shows a $ sign. When I type "su" it said permission denied...

fordson04

Reaction score
I had that same problem...all i did was turn my phone off removed the battery...replaced and did it again...it rooted in less then a couple of minutes and works great

OP
L

Laniadude

Reaction score
They must have took it down today cuz it was on there yesterday....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Should work fairly well. A root shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. If so, back out and try it again. :)

If you can't get it to root the other option to root is in my signature.

Edward650

Reaction score
First time I tried rooting it didn't do anything after rebooting I tried again and it was really fast about 5 minutes or less

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App