Rooted Pro with z4

nathan66669

Reaction score
I'm using Wireless Tether and Shootme and both work great.

I'm using both of those as well, and so far they both are great.

Regarding the wireless tether... What is the probability of Verizon catching somebody tethering? I've heard stories of people using massive amounts of data ie 20-30 gigs a month without getting caught, but on the other hand, I've also heard of people using small amounts and getting caught.

I have 4 droids running this for the last 3-4 months. My line sees 15-20gig/no and the rest get 1-5gig...so far Verizon has never complained. I don't think they can tell really. I've also used my phone to directly DL files over 400meg and gotten into the gb usage that way. Files larger than that always seem to fail...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Rooted mine last night as well. Locked up the first try and worked on the next. Installed wireless tether and shootme. This is my first time rooting, any other useful root apps I need to look at? I don't want to uninstall anything without the sbf.

So does wireless tether work without a kernel? I'm coming from a D1 which does not have netfilter in the Verizon kernal

WOW...let me see if i got this right...you bricked 3 phones by rooting them with z4root? Do I understand you right? If so, Dude, what did you do to brick the phone? We certainly don't want to follow your lead...no what I mean :)

nathan66669

Reaction score
I've never used z4...my wife is getting her pro today (actually they sent her a d2 by mistake so she needs to send back).

I think you read my sig wrong. I've sent three d1 back to verizon after screwing them up. With sbf recovery however it can be fixed...at the time I didn't know that

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've never used z4...my wife is getting her pro today (actually they sent her a d2 by mistake so she needs to send back).

I think you read my sig wrong. I've sent three d1 back to verizon after screwing them up. With sbf recovery however it can be fixed...at the time I didn't know that

Sorry man...I misunderstood what you were saying. Better luck with the Pro(s). From what I've read, it seems to be a pretty save root.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Sorry man...I misunderstood what you were saying. Better luck with the Pro(s). From what I've read, it seems to be a pretty save root.