Youtube.com issues

iandlacy

Reaction score
Bug in YouTube app...

I've narrowed the bug down to some specifics and will be notifying HTC, Verizon, and Android over the next couple of days, starting tomorrow. I have outlined some workarounds for the time being....

Please read this and bookmark for future information on Android and Devices....

Android: Bug in YouTube app – HTC Droid Eris | Stag Hacks

-Ian

Frink

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It is not just the HTC having this issue I have a Moto Droid and I can't play a lot of videos. It's probably with their new resolution picker or HD videos being available and the resolution on the Droid can't handle it.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I called HTC about the youtube widget not working and she said it was a known issue and they were working on it.

mjphill92480

Reaction score
me too

I'm having the same issues. I also get the same "cannot play" video message when I try to open a video email. Even when the email came from another droid eris.

sanscritt

Reaction score
I had the same problem (still do), from another forum try m.youtube.com. I have not had a problem going that way, but widget still gives same problem.

johnjust

Reaction score
I actually have trouble even getting them to work through a browser. The HTC Flash Player opens, the YouTube logo appears, then nothing but a black screen. I waited for some 10 minutes to see if it would ever load - in the end it just ate some of my battery.

However, if you download the video (I'm using Dolphin, not sure if this option is present in the default browser) to your SD card, it plays in the HTC Flash Player perfectly.

Not a solution by any means, but it works if you need to show someone a video.

PRince

Reaction score
I've narrowed the bug down to some specifics and will be notifying HTC, Verizon, and Android over the next couple of days, starting tomorrow. I have outlined some workarounds for the time being....

Please read this and bookmark for future information on Android and Devices....

Android: Bug in YouTube app – HTC Droid Eris | Stag Hacks

-Ian

It took a bit of practice to time your method out. Kinda had to race the phone but I was successful in watching "1" video today.

hlaalu

Reaction score
^yup that method worked for me too, but what a pain in the ass.

PRince

Reaction score
maybe they'll fix the problem when we get our *cough* never coming *cough* 2.0 upgrade?
Or maybe that can be their new reason for slowing it down?

rtb

Reaction score
This has been a problem for a while. Hope it's fixed soon along with getting the 2.0 update. I wish they would let us know instead of keeping us clueless.