Youtube.com issues

benjyw44

Reaction score
I used to be able to play videos on Youtube using my widget from the home screen. Now anytime I click on a Youtube video I get the following error:

Cannot play video
Sorry, this video cannot be played.

Is this due to the new update? I've searched the forums and have not seen this posted before...

damian015

Reaction score
I m getting the same issues and it started happening right after the update. I cannot say for sure they are related but it does seem that way...any ideas????

CanDroid

Reaction score
Hey I am having the same problem!!! WTF!!! I love the youtube app!!! CAN someone help!!! Right after update I get error message!!! This is whack!!!!

crazy650

Reaction score
this is bs tonight was the frist time i tryed to watch video again on my phone since the update the only videos that play are one that can play hd. if it is a normal video it wont play at all wtf im valling know.!

Last edited:

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
Is this happening only when you try to access Youtube via widget?

OP
B

benjyw44

Reaction score
Mostly yes. I can search a video from the Youtube widget and it will fail. If I search the same video from the google screen and it shows the video as the first result, it will play from there.

Two differences, but I don't know if they matter.
1. The youtube widget has a black background and video reel looking "popular clips" at the top of the page. Also, when I click a video, it jumps to a black screen with the loading icon before it fails.
2. The google youtube link from search results will pull up Youtube with a white background and the video link on the left hand side (landscape view). When I click on the video, it jumps to a similar black screen, but there's a brief banner across the top of the screen that says HTC Flash Player. Then it will play, not fail.

So, how can I upgrade my widget? What do I upgrade it to? I want the working link obviously, so #2. But the youtube link from my All Programs link is the same one that is on my home screen. HELP!

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
Hmmm. What about youtube from the app droor? Have you tried deleting the widget, and then creating a new one?

Greg1234

Reaction score
Got my Eris Friday night. Initially the YouTube widget worked but not now. Can play through google search.

rlandon

Reaction score
Mine would not play from an email link, when the popup ask for browser or YouTube app and selecting app. From the browser selection it would go to the page but not start the video. I mentioned this back in another thread. It has to be the update as mine worked previously.

How many did the manual update vs. OTA update? Mine is the manual update, which I reloaded again last night to try and fix the music app problem of not playing mp3's. Worked initially, but yet to test it today.

refthemc

Reaction score
I'm also having some troubles with the Youtube on the Eris. I guess maybe we can try talking to HTC on twitter, they seem to help customers there to....

twitter.com/htc

kongeng

Reaction score
someone had posted a workaround in other forum.. basically, what you do is press and hold the video until the detail option appears. Then go into detail and you should be able to play the video. Also, it appears that you will need 3G or Wifi in order to play videos.