Youtube will not play

vinceveeman

Reaction score
I have an HTC Eris, is any one having or had this problem. I started YouTube and select a video to play and I get a dialog saying "Cannot play video" "Sorry, this video cannot be played" "OK" . Anybody else having similar problems and know what the fix is?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an HTC Eris, is any one having or had this problem. I started YouTube and select a video to play and I get a dialog saying "Cannot play video" "Sorry, this video cannot be played" "OK" . Anybody else having similar problems and know what the fix is?

Yes I have this problem. No I have no fix. For me it is a blessing in disguise. Youtube is a trap of unending unproductive time. If I watch one video I'll end up watching 50 (related videos). Getting the messages above save me lots of wasted time. :icon_ banana:

benjyw44

Reaction score
Youtube solution

I was having the same issue and posted on it about a month ago. You are most likely using the YouTube widget. Delete that piece o crap, and short cut to YouTube directly. You can play video all day long...

verticalrich

Reaction score
if you just go back and click on it again it usually works for me some times i have to repeat this 2 or 3 times but eventually it works. I believe someone said it is a time out error that it times out before it loads.